Is there a way to hotkey attacks and spells?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
jynks

Is there a way to hotkey attacks and spells?

Post by jynks »

Is there anyway for me to hotkey left and right attack for each character? And the spell popup? I can not see an option in the menus so I was wondering if there was anyway anyone might no how to do this?

I do not want to get into a argument over this (PC gamers are kind of fanatical) ... but for me.. I MUCH prefer gamepad to mouse keyboard. This game plays nearly perfectly with it apart from the vital attack functions. If I could get a way to map the attack left and right to hotkey I could make a xpadder set up that makes this game cook on a gamepad.

Yeah so if anyone knows how to add a hotkey for the attack functions I would be very happy.
oodyboo

Re: Is there a way to hotkey attacks and spells?

Post by oodyboo »

Logitech G11/G15 style keyboards have definable macro keys - you could map a key to "right click at X,Y" for attacks

Also programs like "AutoHotKey" or "AutoIt" allow you to define simple scripts to accomplish the same thing (and more) without any special hardware.
jynks

Post by jynks »

yeah i know autohotkey... but i can ntosee an easy way to handle the spell menu...
oodyboo

Post by oodyboo »

You would have to make a little script function to:

1) right click the hand/wand/orb
2) click the runes
3) click the spell cast button

Then bind that function to a key and map your toystick buttons to the same key.
I haven't used 'em in a while so I don't know the exact syntax.

If I had a console, I would throw out toysticks and hook up a keyboard/mouse anyway ;)
jynks

Post by jynks »

oodyboo wrote:If I had a console, I would throw out toysticks and hook up a keyboard/mouse anyway ;)
narr can not stand keyboard and mouse.. much prefer a gamepad i play nearly all my games with them.
jynks

Post by jynks »

also lack of keyboard controls make this game really hard if not impossible to play on a laptop that only had a touchpad... ... .
oodyboo

Post by oodyboo »

jynks wrote:also lack of keyboard controls make this game really hard if not impossible to play on a laptop that only had a touchpad... ... .
Doing just about anything on a laptop that only has a touchpad is really hard if not impossible.
Endy

Post by Endy »

You can get a wireless mouse + USB receiver for your laptop under 20eur anywhere.
jynks

Post by jynks »

Endy wrote:You can get a wireless mouse + USB receiver for your laptop under 20eur anywhere.
that is not the point.
Thels

Post by Thels »

The point is that you need various input for a game like this. If you don't have both a keyboard and mouse available to you, then you cannot play the game properly. It would have to be simplified to your input devices, which is both quite a bit of work, and doesn't really do the game any good.

Hence buying yourself an USB keyboard and mouse is probably the better solution to the problem, as it'll allow you to play the game like it's supposed to be played.