is there a way to do spells I am not aware of?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
jynks

is there a way to do spells I am not aware of?

Post by jynks »

When casting spells do you always have to righ click on a hand select a rune and then press the cast button? Is there any other way to do this.. so you can just set teh rune and click on the hands to cast it?
Empyrean

Re: is there a way to do spells I am not aware of?

Post by Empyrean »

Nope, gotta click on the hand/staff, the runes, and the cast button. Every time.

You can queue up a spell by selecting the runes before a fight starts, but when you want to cast again you go through the whole process.
jynks

Post by jynks »

Empyrean wrote:Nope, gotta click on the hand/staff, the runes, and the cast button. Every time.

You can queue up a spell by selecting the runes before a fight starts, but when you want to cast again you go through the whole process.
so what dose it mean when you click on multiple spells?
Empyrean

Post by Empyrean »

jynks wrote:
Empyrean wrote:Nope, gotta click on the hand/staff, the runes, and the cast button. Every time.

so what dose it mean when you click on multiple spells?
I think you're confused about something, here. Those things you click on are runes, not spells. Each spell takes one or more of them. Simple spells typically take one, but more complex spells can take as many as four.
Draken

Post by Draken »

what i often do (as my mage is also the alchemist) is click on the hand (or magic implement), "dial" my spell, and then hit the X to close the spellcasting pane. whenever i do need that spell cast, i just click on the hand again, and it's there where i left it... I, more often than not, have my mage walking with a spell already "pre-cast" in her spellcasting pane, ready to pop when the situation does require.

In mid-battle, you do need to be quick on your fingers to get the spells out in time.
Hissssa

Post by Hissssa »

If you don't take fire as your main element the best attack spell is only 2 runes if you are a slow clicker.
pabrams

Post by pabrams »

Hissssa wrote:If you don't take fire as your main element the best attack spell is only 2 runes if you are a slow clicker.

Same with a fast clicker - still two runes. Your clicking speed has no effect on the number of runes required for a spell.
rakenan

Post by rakenan »

pabrams wrote:
Hissssa wrote:If you don't take fire as your main element the best attack spell is only 2 runes if you are a slow clicker.

Same with a fast clicker - still two runes. Your clicking speed has no effect on the number of runes required for a spell.
Yes, but if you are a fast clicker, that can be merely inconvenient. For a slow clicker, having to do an extra rune to cast your better attack spell can be crippling. Then again, for a slow clicker, playing with a mage at all is probably a bad idea.