Create Food

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Suleiman

Create Food

Post by Suleiman »

Exist one spell to create food?
stage

Re: Create Food

Post by stage »

No it does not. All available spells are listed here .

Food management is big part of the game, like torchlight management and add to the feel of the game. So I Suggest grab those bags and stock up on some food for later when you are going to need it. :)
killington

Post by killington »

no..
Fugu

Post by Fugu »

stage wrote:Food management is big part of the game, like torchlight management and add to the feel of the game. So I Suggest grab those bags and stock up on some food for later when you are going to need it. :)
Take your time exploring, though. Torchlight management can be replaced by a mage casting a light spell and on Level 6 there are supposed to be re-spawning mobs that drop food. I can't confirm the later though.

Still, always keep an eye on torches! It's easy to forget about them once you don't really need them anymore. You should always try to take them out of their holder to see if they activate something. Also, always have 2-3 of them with you to fill empty holders or when your light spell runs out in the middle of a fight when you don't have the mana to spare.
[insert quote by popular deceased person you read somewhere]
Zo Kath Ra

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

A "create food" spell would just decrease the energy bar while increasing the food bar (either directly or indirectly, by creating consumable items). And where can you replenish your energy? At the Crystals of Life. So wouldn't it be simpler to not include a "create food" spell and just add food replenishment to the Crystals?

Another idea would be a "food potion". Dunno what ingredients you'd put into it, though.
The advantage of a food potion over regular food: it wouldn't weigh as much.
HoustonDragon

Post by HoustonDragon »

stage wrote:No it does not. All available spells are listed here .

Food management is big part of the game, like torchlight management and add to the feel of the game. So I Suggest grab those bags and stock up on some food for later when you are going to need it. :)
SpoilerShow
You can also find the Orb of Radiance for your spellcaster on Level 6, which acts as a permanent Light spell when equipped