Enough daggers for 2 dagger rogues?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Glimlock

Enough daggers for 2 dagger rogues?

Post by Glimlock »

I want to create a party with one dodge rogue in the front and a rogue dps in the back with assassination and daggers but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Do I get enough good daggers for this? Another option would be to have the rogue in the back use missile weapons but then I will miss out on backstabs. Since I was planning to use an ice mage, I figured I could do a freeze + backstab combo. I know unarmed is a good option but I simply don't think it's fun, so don't bother mentioning it.
jansaresinas

Re: Enough daggers for 2 dagger rogues?

Post by jansaresinas »

there is a decent dagger lvl 4, but for the second one you'll have to wait until lvl 7 or 8 for a substitute for a basic dagger.
zalewapl

Post by zalewapl »

I did a playthrough with a backstabber on hard difficulty. To be honest, unless you freeze the enemies, backstab is very difficult to perform.
Poomermon

Post by Poomermon »

Backstabs are kinda overkill. If you have enough room to manoeuvre for backstabs you would probably win that fight without them easily enough anyway . It is a nice bonus for a back row assassination rogue but I would not spend points there for a front rower. Also those 2 better daggers are somewhat nicely hidden so be sure not to miss them if you decide to go for dagger rogues.
Bardamu

Post by Bardamu »

If you love backstabbing, you can go with two frostmages, one of them later skilled in air for damage and invisibility, the other for higher frost, so that the freeze lasts longer. But you have often not the space for backstabbing.
SpoilerShow
And you will find only one good dagger in the game.
Glimlock

Post by Glimlock »

Thanks for the replies. I will go for archery since it seems more useful overall. :)
Draken

Post by Draken »

there are plenty of daggers to go around, actually.
there are like 3 knives through the entire game
there are also 2 Daggers
finally there is:
SpoilerShow
A Poisoned Dagger
A Punch Dagger
An Assassins Dagger
like i said, plenty of daggers to go around.
stepsongrapes

Post by stepsongrapes »

The other option is to go one dagger rogue and one unarmed rogue. In fact, I would say that a frontline unarmed rogue is generally superior to a dagger one.
Empyrean

Post by Empyrean »

It's better not to double up on a single weapon type. While there are enough daggers by the end of the game to have plenty to go around, the best weapons don't have duplicates. I'd also suggest using an Unarmed Combat rogue rather than a second dagger user.
Disasterrific

Post by Disasterrific »

Go for archer but put the archer in the front row. Counterintuitive but it works.