Spell ideas

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
1varangian

Re: Spell ideas

Post by 1varangian »

Yes the skill trees would probably have to be rewritten to make Mages more versatile. I could see a system where magic is broken down into 7 categories for skills that cover all possible spells and have their unique perks (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Arcane, Life, Death). With the spells placed in the trees less scarcely so you putting a few picks into anything is always a good idea. A mage should get at least one new spell with each level.
1varangian

Post by 1varangian »

Sir_Veillance wrote:
1varangian wrote:Air
Levitate (Air+Earth) - Descend into pits without taking damage
That's already a spell, it's called poison bolt.

Edit : Actually, that's not the only one. I mean I like the idea of more spells and all, but they would all need different combinations and then some of them wouldn't really make any sense at all with their combination.
Poison related spells could all be Earth+Death+x.. it actually makes more sense.

Another idea is that the sequence of runes could matter so that Air+Earth would be a different spell from Earth+Air. The first rune would determine the domain the spell is selected from and determine any bonuses from skills or equipment.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

NIce idea, I liked earth spells a lot.
1varangian

Post by 1varangian »

Ideas for Mage Traits (only one allowed)

Disciple of the Flame - Fire Resist +25%, Cold Resist -25%, Fire skill +4, can not cast spells from Water
Level progression:
level 6 - Evoker of the Flame - Fire Resist +50%, Fire spells cost 20% less Energy to cast
level 12 - Pyromancer - Fire Resist +75%, Fire spells have 20% shorter cooldown
level 18 - Master of the Flame - Fire Resist +100%, Fire skill +4

Disciple of the Winds - Air Resist +25%, Poison/Earth Resist -25%, Air skill +4, can not cast spells from Earth
Level progression:
level 6 - Evoker of the Winds - Air Resist +50%, Air spells cost 20% less Energy to cast
level 12 - Tempest - Air Resist +75%, Air spells have 20% shorter cooldown
level 18 - Scion of Storms - Air Resist +100%, Air skill +4

Apprentice of the Arcane - Spellcraft +4, Energy regeneration +10%
Level progression:
level 6 - Adept of the Arcane - +1 to all existing magic skills, Energy regeneration +20%
level 12 - Master Arcanist - +1 to all existing magic skills, Energy regeneration +30%
level 18 - Archmage - +1 to all existing magic skills, Spellcraft +4

Battlemage - Health +15, unlocks weapon and armor skills
BlueLegion

Post by BlueLegion »

1varangian wrote:Ideas for Mage Traits (only one allowed)
-snip-
Traits usually don't upgrade. They just provide a starting bonus of some description. But some class-restricted traits would indeed be nice, but the other classes will need some too.
That will, however, raise the problem that a lot of people will settle for one of their class traits and Skilled, probably making characters less diverse. Meh, I will just trust in AH in making another great game.
1varangian

Post by 1varangian »

Traits, specializations, prestige classes, kits, whatever.. the core of the idea is to be able to focus on something - or everything.. to make cool mages.
Karimento

Post by Karimento »

A spell that would make buttons glow slightly for about 10 seconds each time. About three, or four tiles radius for the spell.
It would need a high spellcraft level. At least 20 to be used and also energy needed for casting it needs to be high.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Along the same lines, I was thinking about a spell that checks a radius of X tiles around the caster for secret switches/buttons and plays a sound cue if any are within range.
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

I think a Temporal\Time-based mage could also be really neat. He'd have spells that can reverse time, slow everything down, and even bring someone back from the dead if executed properly (Very soon after the part member's death). Maybe even cast a fast-forward spell for when you want to explore the cleared out dungeon levels more quickly.
BlueLegion

Post by BlueLegion »

Jack Dandy wrote:I think a Temporal\Time-based mage could also be really neat. He'd have spells that can reverse time, slow everything down, and even bring someone back from the dead if executed properly (Very soon after the part member's death). Maybe even cast a fast-forward spell for when you want to explore the cleared out dungeon levels more quickly.
Teleportation to already explored tiles! (only if the selected tile is on the same floor and there is a direct, unblocked path to it)