What now for the Team?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Sol_HSA

Re: What now for the Team?

Post by Sol_HSA »

w00tasaurus wrote:I know you guys aren't going to be thinking of a new game for a while, and another game in the LoG universe would be great.
If I know them at all, I bet they have been thinking of new games for a while now =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
antti

Post by antti »

w00tasaurus wrote:Just preordered and made my account, figured I'd join in the discussion.

I know you guys aren't going to be thinking of a new game for a while, and another game in the LoG universe would be great.
But as a huge science fiction nerd, I would love an old-school dungeon crawler in a SciFi setting. Robots and aliens as party members and exploring some space station that's passing by Earth. I don't think it's ever been done (at least not very well). Got the idea while reading Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke. :)
I've got bad news for you, Juho doesn't like making SciFi graphics at all. :D

But I myself would be totally up for it though. :) I've read the book too and it definitely has that feeling of exploring an unknown, possibly dangerous environment which is essential in any good dungeon crawler.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
w00tasaurus

Post by w00tasaurus »

Sol_HSA wrote:
w00tasaurus wrote:I know you guys aren't going to be thinking of a new game for a while, and another game in the LoG universe would be great.
If I know them at all, I bet they have been thinking of new games for a while now =)
Hah, well, I suppose I meant "I know you guys aren't going to be DECIDING on a new game for a while".

But seriously, a SciFi dungeon crawler in a dark scary alien space station on a quest simply to explore and discover alien technology? Anyone else think it would be awesome?
In the book Rendezvous with Rama, the space station was dark and seemed to be dead, and it slowly came to life as the humans explored it. Very eerie and suspenseful.

And I see antti, I suppose having a graphic artist who doesn't enjoy making SciFi graphics would be a bit of a problem. :-p
Last edited by w00tasaurus on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Sign me up! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Anaraavi

Post by Anaraavi »

A nice crawl down through the levels of Hell itself, aka; Dante's Inferno. ;)
The Journey Is Everything
robc

Post by robc »

My vote would be for an old-school RPG where your actions have consequences (not superficially) and time actually matters. I hate how in RPGs you are supposed to be on an urgent quest, but there are no consequences for taking your time. For example, you need to get to town ABC within a month to prevent an orc raid and you learn about a magic sword in a temple that would help you thwart the raid. Do you go for the sword? If you do, you can't rest 1000 times and take your time hauling stuff to sell back to the nearest town another 200 times. Maybe if you get to the town early you can help train some of the townsfolk to battle the orcs. Of course, if you don't care what happens to the town, go to the temple, take your time and collect all the loot. The choice is yours. If the town gets wiped out though you lose access to the blacksmith who lived there who could have crafted a nice set of armor and now the bloody orcs just got a bit more powerful.
juho

Post by juho »

antti wrote:I've got bad news for you, Juho doesn't like making SciFi graphics at all. :D
I have only problem with realistic scifi. Halo, Star Wars and Gears of War type stuff is fine by me. :D As long as I can design stuff with scifi 45 degree angles.
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
w00tasaurus

Post by w00tasaurus »

juho wrote:
antti wrote:I've got bad news for you, Juho doesn't like making SciFi graphics at all. :D
I have only problem with realistic scifi. Halo, Star Wars and Gears of War type stuff is fine by me. :D As long as I can design stuff with scifi 45 degree angles.
Alright, then it's settled, your next game is a scifi dungeon crawler. Pass the word along and get to work. w00tasaurus has spoken.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

and if you make it a KS project, where do I sign?
Anaraavi

Post by Anaraavi »

Jiho, how are you with Steampunk style artwork?
The Journey Is Everything