What now for the Team?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
petri

Re: What now for the Team?

Post by petri »

Fnord wrote:How "powerful" will this editor be?
For starters we are thinking of having dungeon editing features. We can gradually add more features after that.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

petri wrote:
Fnord wrote:How "powerful" will this editor be?
For starters we are thinking of having dungeon editing features. We can gradually add more features after that.
I'm mostly interested in how much of the scripting you'll expose.. =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
petri

Post by petri »

Sol_HSA wrote:I'm mostly interested in how much of the scripting you'll expose.. =)
We haven't decided yet. One idea is to expose the whole Lua universe to the user and let the mods go totally crazy. Which would be cool. But on the other hand this is not so user friendly to the average Joe because even a simple dungeon would require scripting.
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

petri wrote:
Sol_HSA wrote:I'm mostly interested in how much of the scripting you'll expose.. =)
We haven't decided yet. One idea is to expose the whole Lua universe to the user and let the mods go totally crazy. Which would be cool. But on the other hand this is not so user friendly to the average Joe because even a simple dungeon would require scripting.
Some kind of unity-like exposure might be nice.. so that the scripting is optional, but possible. Requires more work from you, of course.
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
schallmau3r

Post by schallmau3r »

Back on Topic:

If LoR sells well...are you planning on more remakes? I'd give an arm and a leg (and propably my firstborn) for a Bards Tale like Game (or Wizardry). With the same oldschool screen as in this picture:

The Problem with todays games is that they do everything for you. I remember when i was playing Dungeon Master or Bards Tale with a friend. I was playing for an hour and he would draw a map...then we changed and he played while i did the drawing. Man...good old days =/
petri

Post by petri »

I have fond memories of Pool of Radiance (the original gold box game). I would very much like to do a game like that someday but I'm not sure if I can convince the guys to do such a project :)
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Well you convinced them to make LoG, so you never know! :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

petri wrote:I have fond memories of Pool of Radiance (the original gold box game). I would very much like to do a game like that someday but I'm not sure if I can convince the guys to do such a project :)
Pool of Radiance <3

The most memorable thing for me was conquering some twin towers, after finishing the first one, the game says I have to hurry to the next one or something bad will happen, so I camp right there for several months (and find out the game is not tracking characters' ages correctly) before moving on..
petri

Post by petri »

Yeah, the first time I got out of Phlan to the world map, I was like "waaaah, shiit, this game is HUGE". One of the best gaming moments for me (the same exact thing happened years later with Final Fantasy VII).
w00tasaurus

Post by w00tasaurus »

Just preordered and made my account, figured I'd join in the discussion.

I know you guys aren't going to be thinking of a new game for a while, and another game in the LoG universe would be great.
But as a huge science fiction nerd, I would love an old-school dungeon crawler in a SciFi setting. Robots and aliens as party members and exploring some space station that's passing by Earth. I don't think it's ever been done (at least not very well). Got the idea while reading Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke. :)