lvl 5 hallways iron door

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Gothmog

lvl 5 hallways iron door

Post by Gothmog »

hi im playing the game through the second time and trying to open the door on this level there is a scroll here that gives a hint
SpoilerShow
The gate of iron will open if you take your time and rest in the place where the dragons gaze
ive found two statues on the level that look about right and taken my time by them but nothing happens, much later in the game there is an area where there is a lot of these statues but i dont think i can get back from there as the door on that level is barred any idea what im missing im sure its simple but its annoying me now and im running out of food with all this damn sitting about

nevermind i gave up and watched the youtube video for this one seeing that i realise i'd never have got this puzzle im too literal ohh well :(
Outsa

Re: lvl 5 hallways iron door

Post by Outsa »

SpoilerShow
It's on level 5 and it's only one place
Lmiara

Post by Lmiara »

SpoilerShow
@Gothmog : u got to be litteral, and look for the only square the 2 statues are gazing at.
PSY

Post by PSY »

SpoilerShow
crossroads
https://psy-labs.com
Coders don't die, they just gosub without return
isamu

Post by isamu »

Lmiara wrote:
SpoilerShow
@Gothmog : u got to be litteral, and look for the only square the 2 statues are gazing at.
I'm sorry but this does not work. I'm right on the square where their gazes meet, and the door *STILL* hasn't opened! I'm 99.9% sure I'm standing on the right square....It's two squares down and right from the stairs leading down to the next level if you're looking on the map.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

isamu wrote: I'm sorry but this does not work. I'm right on the square where their gazes meet, and the door *STILL* hasn't opened! I'm 99.9% sure I'm standing on the right square....It's two squares down and right from the stairs leading down to the next level if you're looking on the map.
The spot is marked on this map as an X.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/legendofgrim ... level5.php

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

Darklord wrote:
isamu wrote: I'm sorry but this does not work. I'm right on the square where their gazes meet, and the door *STILL* hasn't opened! I'm 99.9% sure I'm standing on the right square....It's two squares down and right from the stairs leading down to the next level if you're looking on the map.
The spot is marked on this map as an X.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/legendofgrim ... level5.php

Daniel.
Also it isn't just standing there, you have to Rest at the spot for a time, I think about 10 seconds?
isamu

Post by isamu »

I'm an idiot. I was off by one square :mrgreen:
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

isamu wrote:I'm an idiot. I was off by one square :mrgreen:
Glad to hear you're sorted now! :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...