Sorry but, .... THANKS ! ! ! !

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Darklord

Re: Sorry but, .... THANKS ! ! ! !

Post by Darklord »

jfunk wrote: Just think, if you like it you have tons of "Grimrock clones" to go back and play now.
:lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
nianu

Post by nianu »

TΛPETRVE wrote:With my 26 years of age, I'm virtually a toddler. And still, I've grown up with the good shit. So let's see to it that we spread the word among younger generations.
i'm 26 also and grew up with some awesome games but no dungeon crawlers. i guess my brothers didn't like them so we never bought any -_- this will be my first and i'm very excited! :D
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
DJK

Post by DJK »

I own a cybercafe and have been trying to introduce Grimrock.. showed them Eye1 to show it's roots ... then the two trailers and some pics but well .. I can confirm that this generation is not interested :( (talkingabout 15-20yr olds)

Even if I think the graphics looks nice, it's no call of duty, gta or skyrim for them ... that and the idea of non "fluid as they call it" movement puts them off ... oh well, im a 30yr old Eye fan so I WILL enjoy my game and let them be in ignorance :)
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

Athanis wrote:According to what I can read on this forum... we are a bunch of old geek whom spent nights on Eye of beholder :D
I'm not :( When Eye of the beholder was released, I had just learn how to read... Swedish. I did not start to delve into these types of games until relatively recently. While I do like many modern CRPGs, I find them to be a bit lacking in the regards of character customization and general difficulty/complexity (the excellent Drakensang being one of the recent exceptions, as are the indie outings by Spiderweb software (lots), Basilisk games (Eschalon) and Rampant Games (Frayed Knights)), so I've found myself playing older and older games. Tile/step bases games, like Grimrock, did take a bit of getting used to, but nowadays I'm quote fond of them.

Judging by some of the above posts, the age of 26 (my age as well) seem to be a bit over represented here though ;)
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

Fnord wrote:
Athanis wrote:According to what I can read on this forum... we are a bunch of old geek whom spent nights on Eye of beholder :D
I'm not :( When Eye of the beholder was released, I had just learn how to read... Swedish. I did not start to delve into these types of games until relatively recently. While I do like many modern CRPGs, I find them to be a bit lacking in the regards of character customization and general difficulty/complexity (the excellent Drakensang being one of the recent exceptions, as are the indie outings by Spiderweb software (lots), Basilisk games (Eschalon) and Rampant Games (Frayed Knights)), so I've found myself playing older and older games. Tile/step bases games, like Grimrock, did take a bit of getting used to, but nowadays I'm quote fond of them.

Judging by some of the above posts, the age of 26 (my age as well) seem to be a bit over represented here though ;)

Thanks for mentioning Frayed Knights, I had never seen that before. I've played the other games you mentioned, but never seen that. Will definitely check it out sometime (after I'm done with Grimrock :D )
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

jfunk wrote:

Thanks for mentioning Frayed Knights, I had never seen that before. I've played the other games you mentioned, but never seen that. Will definitely check it out sometime (after I'm done with Grimrock :D )
It seem to have slipped under a lot of peoples radar. Don't let the fact that it is "humorous" scare you away, at its core it is a Wizardry-like game, and the humor was far less intrusive than I thought it would be (heck it even managed to be funny). But yes, waiting until you are done with Grimrock might be a good idea, Frayed Knights is a lengthy game (30+h).
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Aye I loved Frayed Knights, the inter party banter is excellent! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...