Ultima Underworld Mod

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
DNACowboy

Ultima Underworld Mod

Post by DNACowboy »

Ultima Underworld I or II, Bards Tale, Eye Of The Beholder, they all rock old school style.
Curunir

Re: Ultima Underworld Mod

Post by Curunir »

Best first post ever! :D

Welcome to the forums!
DNACowboy

Post by DNACowboy »

Curunir wrote:Best first post ever! :D

Welcome to the forums!
Thanks very much, I was extremely impressed by LoG and can only hope Almost Human reach out to the licence holders of the above games or develop a new ip along similar lines, if they did I think that they would receive overwhelming support.
Patch

Post by Patch »

DNACowboy wrote:hope Almost Human reach out to the licence holders of the above games
Ultima - Owned by EA
Bards Tale - Owned by Interplay
EotB - Owned by WotC (See: Hasbro)

I honestly don't see any of these big companies releasing their rights to a small indie dev. Or see Almost Human having the money to license out the rights. :P

I know we all have great nostalgia about these old games, but nostalgia is idealization of the past. It almost never lives up to what we remember. Lets leave these old games alone, and just remember how great they were, while we move forward taking what we've learned from them, and create something new, as Almost Human has done with LoG. They've created an entire world. I'm sure they have plans to expand upon it.
HaunterV

Post by HaunterV »

Just grabbed underworlds 1 & 2 from gog games
Grimrock Community 'FrankenDungeon 2012. Submit your entry now!: http://tinyurl.com/cnupr7h
SUBMIT YOUR ASSETS! Community Asset Pack (C.A.P.): http://tinyurl.com/bqvykrp
Behold! The HeroQuest Revival!: http://tinyurl.com/cu52ksc
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Patch wrote:
DNACowboy wrote:hope Almost Human reach out to the licence holders of the above games
Ultima - Owned by EA

I honestly don't see any of these big companies releasing their rights to a small indie dev. Or see Almost Human having the money to license out the rights. :P

I know we all have great nostalgia about these old games, but nostalgia is idealization of the past. It almost never lives up to what we remember. Lets leave these old games alone, and just remember how great they were, while we move forward taking what we've learned from them, and create something new, as Almost Human has done with LoG. They've created an entire world. I'm sure they have plans to expand upon it.
If Arx Fatalis could not be the new official ultima underground I guess some franchises will be creating dust a lot of time.
HaunterV

Post by HaunterV »

[quote="Gudadantza"
SpoilerShow
]
Patch wrote:
Ultima - Owned by EA

If Arx Fatalis could not be the new official ultima underground I guess some franchises will be creating dust a lot of time.[/quote]
Arx fatalis is kinda dum imo... i did only give it about 20 minutes of my time though.
Grimrock Community 'FrankenDungeon 2012. Submit your entry now!: http://tinyurl.com/cnupr7h
SUBMIT YOUR ASSETS! Community Asset Pack (C.A.P.): http://tinyurl.com/bqvykrp
Behold! The HeroQuest Revival!: http://tinyurl.com/cu52ksc
lord_boron

Post by lord_boron »

Bard's Tale licence is the hands of InXile, which is a company of Brian Fargo who owned Interplay and created the first Bard's Tale. Talking with Fargo about old-school games is easy. His Kickstarter campaign showed that :)
Patch

Post by Patch »

lord_boron wrote:Bard's Tale licence is the hands of InXile, which is a company of Brian Fargo who owned Interplay and created the first Bard's Tale. Talking with Fargo about old-school games is easy. His Kickstarter campaign showed that :)
Ahh, you're right. InXile does own the rights. Still doubt that they'd just give the rights to Almost Human for free, or cheap enough that Almost Human could afford them.
TZO2k12

Post by TZO2k12 »

Patch wrote:
Ultima - Owned by EA

Fuck 'em, anyways we'll make our OWN versions!

Ultimate Quest - Fuck EA...
Bard Song - InterPlay God, how I miss these guys...But we still have Obsidian and Bethesda!...Bioware is dead, or dying as they're a division of EA.
The Beholder's Eyes - Hasbro?...Really?...
Assumptions are the practical logic of the ignorant.