A possible, yet radical solution to easy modding

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Darklord

Re: A possible, yet radical solution to easy modding

Post by Darklord »

lord_boron wrote:
petri wrote:The markets for this kind of DLC with no new playable content are pretty small and I don't think they would keep us going for very long. A fully playable expansion with e.g. new monsters, a new dungeon and a new wallset, assets that can be used for modding too, would be a completely different thing :)
I suppose you're right. On the other hand I would love to hear what devs think about it. Maybe it's viable for them to release 1-3 $ dlc. If you want to play a certain mod you need to have that dlc. I suppose it's a lot less people who would buy them, but so is the dev cycle for them too.
Just to mention, Petri is one of the Devs! He's the chief/only Programmer behind the game. :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Kailos

Post by Kailos »

petri wrote:The markets for this kind of DLC with no new playable content are pretty small and I don't think they would keep us going for very long. A fully playable expansion with e.g. new monsters, a new dungeon and a new wallset, assets that can be used for modding too, would be a completely different thing :)
I miss the days of the expansion pack, the joys of being able to release online would have mitigated many of the problems that distributing them used to incur. Grimrock is already an inexpensive title and I would have quams paying the same again.
lord_boron

Post by lord_boron »

Darklord wrote:
lord_boron wrote:
I suppose you're right. On the other hand I would love to hear what devs think about it. Maybe it's viable for them to release 1-3 $ dlc. If you want to play a certain mod you need to have that dlc. I suppose it's a lot less people who would buy them, but so is the dev cycle for them too.
Just to mention, Petri is one of the Devs! He's the chief/only Programmer behind the game. :D

Daniel.
Yes, I found out that after I browsed I forum a bit more :D Thanx Daniel. And thank you Petri for a quick answer. I think I know what I can expect now :)