Dungeon Editor Progress

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Morgan

Re: Dungeon Editor Progress

Post by Morgan »

petri wrote: That's a good question. We actually don't have a level editor at all. All levels have been coded in a text editor :)
Could you share (commented?) sources of any existing level and describe how to connect custom dungeon to LoG?

I think if text editor was nice for your team, it would be nice for majority of modders too :)
HaunterV

Post by HaunterV »

Darklord wrote:I have no idea how to use LUA, on the bright side I can copy/paste, make small edits to obvious text and can also use Google! (If you can use Google you can do almost anything!) :P

Daniel.

sumone linked me this http://lua.gts-stolberg.de/en/index.php
Grimrock Community 'FrankenDungeon 2012. Submit your entry now!: http://tinyurl.com/cnupr7h
SUBMIT YOUR ASSETS! Community Asset Pack (C.A.P.): http://tinyurl.com/bqvykrp
Behold! The HeroQuest Revival!: http://tinyurl.com/cu52ksc
Patch

Post by Patch »

Morgan wrote:
petri wrote: That's a good question. We actually don't have a level editor at all. All levels have been coded in a text editor :)
Could you share (commented?) sources of any existing level and describe how to connect custom dungeon to LoG?

I think if text editor was nice for your team, it would be nice for majority of modders too :)
No! Need graphical editor. D:
Silverhawk

Post by Silverhawk »

Billick wrote:I can't wait to see what the community comes up with for new dungeons. I've been meaning to learn Lua for a while, so maybe I'll take a crack at it myself. To the devs: thanks for working to add this feature to an already great game.
The problem is how many of the communitymade dungeons will be worth playing. I already saw it on Littel Big Planet 2 on my PS3. There is a really intuitive and easy to learn editor but many kiddies make many crappy levels. :lol:

But I'm also looking forward for the dungeon editor. ;)
Last edited by Silverhawk on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gudadantza

Post by Gudadantza »

Morgan wrote:

No please! :D I guess I could create a map or dungeon graphically and maybe a very basic script if it is needed, but not necessarily a mod or a Great feature...

greetings
Bees

Post by Bees »

Morgan wrote:

Yeah, I'd prefer getting the mapping/scripting instructions to just waiting around for an editor. :P
atamanashi

Post by atamanashi »

Will there be a way to add new monsters? I know it would be really difficult to create the models as modders but it would still be great. Or if not I Would gladly buy DLC for new monsters.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Silverhawk wrote: The problem is how many of the communitymade dungeons will be worth playing. I already saw it on Littel Big Planet 2 on my PS3. There is a really intuitive and easy to learn editor but many kiddies make many crappy levels. :lol:
Good question! I believe the average age of players of LoG is higher than LBP2, plus the game is somewhat more hardcore and attracts a more determined audience. So I suspect there will be many worthwhile levels/mods, probably most of them made should be worth a dabble, some of them may equal or even surpass Almost Human's Dungeon! :shock: :D

Fingers crossed! :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

atamanashi wrote:Will there be a way to add new monsters? I know it would be really difficult to create the models as modders but it would still be great. Or if not I Would gladly buy DLC for new monsters.
Yes there will be,

petri wrote:Sorry, I haven't had time to follow the discussion closely but there is no problem if you want to swap a monster or wallset texture with another texture created by you.
Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Here's a pretty neat article on Lua, at least is looks like it's neat, I am a complete beginner:

http://www.gamedev.net/page/resources/_ ... -lua-r1932