Just 10 minutes playing, enjoying it more than Skyrim

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Jukaga

Re: Just 10 minutes playing, enjoying it more than Skyrim

Post by Jukaga »

Why do some people have to run down another game to prop up their current game-crush? Skyrim and Grimrock are completely different sorts of games, you can't really compare them in a fair manner. What they both do differently, they do well. One is an open world action game with character development and the other is a dungeon-crawl grind. For me, they both scratch two different itches!
Kurgen

Post by Kurgen »

At last, some sense... and a welcome break from this new Skyrim-bashing fad.
Jukaga

Post by Jukaga »

Kurgen wrote:At last, some sense... and a welcome break from this new Skyrim-bashing fad.

It's a disease that many, many niche game forums suffer from. Tribalism, dogma and close-mindedness rule along with a siege mentality. 'This community is really special' is something you hear in these types of forums. Everything and anything outside of the scope of the True Believer's favorite game of the moment is run down and criticized ad absurdum.
Radioman970

Post by Radioman970 »

I can't enjoy one without hating the other so much I want to TP the developers homes. tee hee!
I'd take one of the four wooden clubs I was carrying and just bash open doors with it.
- if life were like Dungeon Master

I'd click FIREBALL much more on New Year's Eve
- if life were like Eye of the Beholder
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

I loved Skyrim, got something like 200 hours out of it. I play and enjoy most RPG's to be honest. ;)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

Jukaga wrote:Why do some people have to run down another game to prop up their current game-crush?
Jukaga wrote:It's a disease that many, many niche game forums suffer from. Tribalism, dogma and close-mindedness rule along with a siege mentality. 'This community is really special' is something you hear in these types of forums. Everything and anything outside of the scope of the True Believer's favorite game of the moment is run down and criticized ad absurdum.
I am talking about my enjoyment of those two different games, they don't have to fall in the same genre as long as they have similar aspects, I just find it curious that a huge massive game as skyrim is, is less fun for me than this little adventure from AH, and also it's a personal opinion. If all your contribution to the discussion is insults to the community well, that's a bit rude.
Billick

Post by Billick »

Both games are great in their own way. What you like better really comes down to personal preference. Right now I'm liking Grimrock more. I'm sure I'll want to go back and play Skyrim again at some point.
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!
evony666

Post by evony666 »

Some people are speaking utter rubbish here. The OP is merely talking abut ENJOYMENT of the game not the qualities of that game. You can't really compatre the two in terms of overall quality but this game is about fun.

Skyrim / LOG
Story huge / non-existant (like the original games they tribute)
Lore multi-layered / none whatsoever
Soundtrack wonderful / one cheesy song at the start
Caves 3D, huge / only XX levels of linear grid
Graphics wonderful / good modern update
Races immersive / just pictures and a few numbers
Books Litrature / a few hints
Puzzles A bit samey / lots of superb brain teasers (many copied of very simelar to the originals)
Gameplay deliberate / Ultra Enjoyable ( as per the originals)
Kader

Post by Kader »

I have Skyrim on the PS3 so even a punch to the face would be a more enjoyable experience. :P (at least the punch wouldn't have cost me $60)
Billick

Post by Billick »

Kader wrote:I have Skyrim on the PS3 so even a punch to the face would be a more enjoyable experience. :P (at least the punch wouldn't have cost me $60)
Or an arrow to the knee as it were. :mrgreen:
Halls of Barrian - current version 1.0.3 - Steam Nexus
Me Grimrock no bozo!