OnLive.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Zetr0

Re: OnLive.

Post by Zetr0 »

what are the minimum spec's required ?

I cannot seem to find this on GOG
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

DeAngelo wrote:Heh, it's like they're two shy people at a school dance afraid to talk to the other one, only to realize once they do that they fall madly in love.
Except that everything is under NDA and nobody except the two parties know actually what, if anything, is going on.. =)
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
DeAngelo

Post by DeAngelo »

Zetr0 wrote:what are the minimum spec's required ?

I've been going off of this: http://www.gamers-lab.com/game/legend-o ... date/feed/
Sol_HSA wrote:
DeAngelo wrote:Heh, it's like they're two shy people at a school dance afraid to talk to the other one, only to realize once they do that they fall madly in love.
Except that everything is under NDA and nobody except the two parties know actually what, if anything, is going on.. =)
True. Though I bet my left nut that greasing the wheels and posting in forums does help. I'm not saying I'm the reason for this, but I contacted the developer of Bastion asking about an Onlive version, they said they weren't familiar with the service and that they'd check into it, and 2 months later bastion was on the service. Which is good cuz that's a good game and onlive was the only way I could play it.
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

Zetr0 wrote:what are the minimum spec's required ?

They're on the official page: http://www.grimrock.net/buy/

Short version:

2Ghz Dual Core CPU
2GB RAM
DirectX 9.0c (Shader Model 3) Graphics card w/ 512MB
Zetr0

Post by Zetr0 »

I see what you mean, for the best play thats quite a demanding spec and rules out a lot of note-book / laptop and lowend PC systems.

Fortuantely for me I have a Media PC which I built that easily encompases the recommend spec, however there are a lot systems that cannot.

Although to be honest, one could get a Pentium D 3.4GHz / 2GB RAM / 1GB Radeon 4550 system VERY cheap these days.... flop-on XP/Vista/Win7 pending your flavour and away you go...

If you dont have / want a Wintel box, you could look at running this on Linux Under WINE - for that I would suggest an NVidia graphics card asw these are better supported under most *nix distro's, my favourite being the 9800 GTX - it is a very capable gfx card and can be sourced quite cheap on eBay

However those that like their netbook and eeepcs are outa luck, so perhaps in time to come an OnLive service could be offered (should there be enough demand)

I think once that Almost Human have had this launched in the distribution model that have setup it could be a very good opportunity for them to expand into the OnLive distribution - if only to entice more players to the game / genere.... but this would depend on whatever deal the developers and OnLive can come together on.

However as mentioned before there are ramifications to how much time / cost a redeveloped OnLive version would be and an expected net gain... dumpster diving isn't any fun.... especially if you go by CSI Las Vagas!
Filipsan

Post by Filipsan »

Zetr0 wrote: However those that like their netbook and eeepcs are outa luck, so perhaps in time to come an OnLive service could be offered (should there be enough demand)

I think once that Almost Human have had this launched in the distribution model that have setup it could be a very good opportunity for them to expand into the OnLive distribution - if only to entice more players to the game / genere.... but this would depend on whatever deal the developers and OnLive can come together on.
Looks like to me you are advertising :) How much do they pay? :D
Zetr0

Post by Zetr0 »

I was having fun with the text attributes =)
arkhometha

Post by arkhometha »

Recommended:
CPU: Quad Core 2.66GHz Intel or 3.2GHz AMD
Memory: 4GB
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2900 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or better (512MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported)
DirectX: 9.0c
Disk Space: 1GB

Geez guys, I assembled one computer with this specs about three years ago. And I'm on the university, earning 150 USD from a scholarship I own from my scientific initiation, in my third world country.

I still have that computer and I appraise it's current price is 350 USD. System requirements are not that high. (Although the games does look good)
DeAngelo

Post by DeAngelo »

arkhometha wrote:Recommended:
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2900 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or better (512MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported)

Geez guys, I assembled one computer with this specs about three years ago. And I'm on the university, earning 150 USD from a scholarship I own from my scientific initiation, in my third world country.

I still have that computer and I appraise it's current price is 350 USD. System requirements are not that high. (Although the games does look good)
I'm glad you can afford to assemble a computer at all. I hope that you never have to be in a situation where even that is out of your means, but you need to understand that there are people who are. Myself included.
arkhometha

Post by arkhometha »

DeAngelo wrote:
arkhometha wrote:Recommended:

I'm glad you can afford to assemble a computer at all. I hope that you never have to be in a situation where even that is out of your means, but you need to understand that there are people who are. Myself included.
I'm sorry if you encounter yourself in this situation, but as I said, I live alone with 150usd in a third world country and I still manage to save money. And no, the city I live is not cheap. At least where I live, a broadband necessary to run OnLive without lags cost more monthly than paying one time for the parts necessary to assemble said computer.
I don't have broadband and I have to use the University one, so I can't even do P2P connections (university proxy) to play games like Dota. So I find rather more expensive to pay monthly for a good internet connection than pay a single time for a computer.