Your Party's Lore

Show off your Legend of Grimrock art, fiction, music or whatever!
TheSilentWitch

Your Party's Lore

Post by TheSilentWitch »

With the inclusion of custom portraits, (one of the best things ever in Grimrock, as stupid as it sounds to say about a small change), I've already made a team of my own for a second playthrough. Thinking as I did, just as the first time through, of my party's past and playing out some interactions in my head, (as I'm prone to, being a writer), I had a thought; why not post some of my party's custom lore here on the boards for everyone to see?

And so I shall, and invite you to do the same with any of your parties~

Tharur, the Dwarven Outcast.

Race: Dwarf

Class: Fighter (Human)

Backstory: A dwarven warhero, after he returned home, he was exalted for a time. But then his fellow dwarves wanted to forget war, and embrace a more peaceful time of mining. Tharur had trouble adjusting to such a peaceful time, and try as he might to return to mining, the call to lead, the call to fight, and the taste of blood at the back of his mouth wouldn't go away.

Tharur lead a somewhat troubled life from there on, committing a few minor crimes, from knocking down a fruit stand to destroying a scaffolding and collapsing a cave, though fortunately it was empty. Each time it was determined that Tharur had caused the incidents by accident... But the animosity grew for the former axe wielder... And it all culminated when, in a huge bar brawl, Tharur cleaved a fellow dwarf's head in two. He might have simply been kept in the jail he was tossed in for 3 months, but since the dwarf he'd killed was a dwarven prince... When his trial came around, he was condemned to the dark halls of Grimrock. Fortunately, in his three months in prison, he met a rather interesting band...

===

Grior, the Mechanical Beast

Race: Steam Powered Golem made of Wood

Class: Tank (Minotaur, with Unarmed Combat Speciality)

Backstory: Awakening on the banks of a river deep in an ancient forest, Grior didn't know who or what he was. After wandering for a time, he came across a blind hermit's house, and the kindly old man took him in and taught him to speak. He also taught him, via the medium of an accidental burn, that somehow, though being made of wood, Grior could feel pain, and needed food.

The mechanical brute didn't understand any of this, but he wished only to be at peace with everyone else. After the hermit he was living with died of heart failure, he set off and soon found a nearby village. Alas, the people took him at face value, and try as he might, he was hunted and scorned.After a fortnight of pulling crossbow quarrels from his arms, he'd had enough, and went berserk, smashing the entire town to the ground, and as a result, killing two people before he could be subdued.

Ironically, Grior got what he wanted in the end. After 3 months in prison, his trial deemed him perfectly sentient, and capable of thought. Unfortunately for him, this also meant that he was fully responsible for his crimes, and his sentence was the worst that could be handed down; banishment into Grimrock...

===

Wymeer, the Mystery

Race: ???

Class: Rogue

Backstory: Wymeer is a strange being, and indeed, it's hard to even call it a him or her. It seems to fluctuate between the two, voice wise, and its thick cloak won't allow for any guesses on body shape. One thing is for sure; when she he it was arrested outside its house of horrors, only one guard removed Wymeer's hood... And that was enough to cause him insanity...

Wymeer's trial was done in 2 weeks, one of the quickest stays and quickest trials ever to be commissioned. It was determined that for its crimes, Wymeer would be thrown immediately into Grimrock... And secretly, the courts decreed that if she/he ever escaped from the mountain, as unlikely as it was, she/he was to be executed on sight...

But what was his crime? When asked, Wymeer would just give a gentle giggle, and cooed, "I ran a... toy store. If those whiny mothers hadn't been complaining about their missing children... No one would have entered my basement... And I could have continued living peacefully..."

===

Samael, the Unliving Mage

Race: Undead Human

Class: Mage

Backstory: A practicing Lich that lived in a derelict ghost town turned swamp, Samael was an evil mage who decided to put his soul into a red diamond and become an undead. By doing so, he broke every law that there ever was regarding decency and control over magic and witchcraft...

But he wasn't through there, either. Using his magic and the occasional body of a dimwitted traveler, he slowly grew a small army of undead, and attacked a nearby town, tearing it to pieces in its entirety. Every dead body made him stronger and stronger, his army growing even more in size with each corpse thrown into its maw...

But Samael got greedy, and attacked an imperial city before his strength was full. His army decimated and he himself brought to his knees, he was to be executed immediately... But he was unliving... An abomination that was not dead, but not alive either. So, after failed attempts to bring him to his demise, both via fire and electrocution, it was decided he was to be trapped within Grimrock, where the magicks would surely make him vulnerable, and allow the beasts within to kill him... And so, sapping him of his magic ability and chaining him to three other prisoners, he was dropped into Grimrock, and his dead reign had come to an end... Or perhaps a terrible beginning...

Last edited by TheSilentWitch on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
juho

Re: Your Party's Lore

Post by juho »

Moved. This is more at home here in Creative Corner.

So, do you have portraits for those characters already?
Follow me on Twitter: @JuhoMakingStuff
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

Upper part (left to right)- Biggie and Smalls: A pair of good-hearted drifters who ended up in Thraelm one day. After a very violent tavern brawl, they sort-of smashed up some noble's face. In their defense, he started the fight. They threw 'em in jail anyway, but their strength was recognized in there too.

Lower part (Left to right) Gwyn Cloudmare and Jack Farsight: Gwyn: A skilled sorceress who ended up in prison after a random witchhunt in one of the villages in the Woods of Looer.
Jack Farsight: A deadly assassin who was set up and thrown in jail after one too many successful "jobs". Now he's fighting to get his freedom and extract some revenge!
TheSilentWitch

Post by TheSilentWitch »

Thank you for moving my thread, I would have put it in here had I realized. ^^;

And yes, I have images, AND I've posted the lore~