graphics look amazing BUT

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
g4merguy

graphics look amazing BUT

Post by g4merguy »

whats with the party interface? It looks like it does not belong with the game...the characters are boring and theres not that many to choose from. Imagine how great it would be to see your characters react to getting hit, some blood coming down their face when low hp..games made 15 years ago did this (DOOM, LANDS OF LORE, ECT)

any plans to improve this in the future?
DJK

Re: graphics look amazing BUT

Post by DJK »

There was a thread about this during development... if I remember right, it just at that time was to much extra work and time could have been spend better on other areas... also how would this work with custom portraits ?
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

There are more important game-related things the dev's artist can work on, IMO.
mabd

Post by mabd »

I actually like it :lol: . I don't mind it not being super 3D shiny and animated (I'm sure that wasn't exactly what you meant), but maybe that's just me. If some improvement was made I wouldn't mind either, of course...
"You, good soul, my friends have brought you to me. You must be kind... you must be light footed."
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

This game was developed by four people, so their resources are pretty limited.
arcanum

Post by arcanum »

Lmaoboat wrote:This game was developed by four people, so their resources are pretty limited.
Totally agreed. Give them some rest, ppl.
King Semos

Post by King Semos »

I personally, really like the interface as is. I like the style of the portraits, I like the layout of the gear, the character statistics, the skill sets, the inventory. Simple with a style true to older games.
Cadmus

Post by Cadmus »

King Semos wrote:I personally, really like the interface as is. I like the style of the portraits, I like the layout of the gear, the character statistics, the skill sets, the inventory. Simple with a style true to older games.
Same thing here. I like it how it is. If it ain't broken, don't fix it.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

Great potential for a mod. Would just require additional portraits for every status effect (Like being low on life, or getting hit).
Anton

Post by Anton »

King Semos wrote:I personally, really like the interface as is. I like the style of the portraits, I like the layout of the gear, the character statistics, the skill sets, the inventory. Simple with a style true to older games.
Ditto.