MP of LoG?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Darklord

Re: MP of LoG?

Post by Darklord »

NorternWolf wrote: Yeah kid... now when getting older you, as a man, want to control your own. If not your a slave of your demon wife!
:lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
NorternWolf

Post by NorternWolf »

Darklord wrote:
NorternWolf wrote: Yeah kid... now when getting older you, as a man, want to control your own. If not your a slave of your demon wife!
:lol:

Daniel.
I have corrected some grammar in my previous reply, have to admit that my english isnt (aint, arent?! :P ) strong! Read it over again thanks!
antti

Post by antti »

As an idea it could be pretty cool to have a coop dungeon crawler (with two independently moving characters or parties) but at the very least it would need a separate set of levels designed around the multiplayer concept. Kinda like what they did in Portal 2.

In either case, retrofitting multiplayer to the existing game/code would be a pretty big undertaking.
Steven Seagal of gaming industry
NorternWolf

Post by NorternWolf »

antti wrote:As an idea it could be pretty cool to have a coop dungeon crawler (with two independently moving characters or parties) but at the very least it would need a separate set of levels designed around the multiplayer concept. Kinda like what they did in Portal 2.

In either case, retrofitting multiplayer to the existing game/code would be a pretty big undertaking.
Maybe something you devs can work on in future? ;) As so long it have potential!

Thank you for giving answer and settle the matter!
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

I can already picture it - Legend of Grimrock Online!
Alaric

Post by Alaric »

Here is how multiplayer should work:

a) Player One controls the party (much as in the single player game.)
b) Player Two controls the monsters, places traps, etc.

The players should not have any way to interact with each other, except by clicking on a "valiant battle-cry" button for Player One, and "sinister dungeon noise" button for Player Two. And they should only be able to do that every so often.
S0ny_B1ack

Post by S0ny_B1ack »

Alaric wrote:Here is how multiplayer should work:

a) Player One controls the party (much as in the single player game.)
b) Player Two controls the monsters, places traps, etc.

The players should not have any way to interact with each other, except by clicking on a "valiant battle-cry" button for Player One, and "sinister dungeon noise" button for Player Two. And they should only be able to do that every so often.
Actually such an MP dungeon crawler has been announced recently, its published by Paradox Interactive (the game is called Dungeonland) :) Though i have to say that i find the idea great, but the game Paradox is publishing is to cartoonish IMHO...
agrjones

Post by agrjones »

There was a multiplayer dungeon crawler released in 1989.

It was called Bloodwych and was along the same lines as Dungeon Master, EoB and Grimrock. 90 Degree turning, heartbeat based enemy movement, traps and puzzles.
The multiplayer was split screen and each player controlled a group of 4 heroes chosen from Warriors, Adventurers, Wizards and Thieves.

It was quite an interesting experience, cooperative fun sometimes degenerating into PvP as a wayward fireball hit the other player.

Good times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodwych
Kusiga

Post by Kusiga »

Oh this is what I was hoping for in the future maybe...guess not many people played Shadow of Yserbius and the other games that were pretty much the first graphic mmos kinda over dial-up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yserbius

Always had hours of fun playing those as a young lad on my first pc back in the day with other random people i'd meet on there.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Mameluk wrote:I can already picture it - Legend of Grimrock Online!
:o :shock: :?

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...