Level 9 Goromorg Temple...THAT DAMN DOOR!

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Esoteric

Level 9 Goromorg Temple...THAT DAMN DOOR!

Post by Esoteric »

Cleared the pillared hallway, have an ornate and gold key, opened those three doors, so I can easily roam throughout the level. But I can't get through this #!#$$ door with the four alcoves and the blue crystal in the middle. Its driving me insane. Did I miss something obvious? Was I supposed to bypass Level 8 and come back to it later?
Disasterrific

Re: Level 9 Goromorg Temple...THAT DAMN DOOR!

Post by Disasterrific »

Read the 4 clues and think. Solving this puzzle for myself was one of the most satisfying moments of the game so don't give up!
Esoteric

Post by Esoteric »

I'm not going to lie dude. When I read your response, I was on the edge of writing an angry reply for not giving any concrete suggestions. But I decided to say f-k it and try it one more time. I haven't finished it yet but I heard a satisfying click on three of the four alcoves. I was just being mentally drained after figuring out the pillared hallway, so I didn't have a lot of patience. Thanks, even though your advice sounded like New Age fluff, it helped.
scmnz

Post by scmnz »

I'm stuck at the same part and could use a small hint, i don't want the answer given away, but something to get my brain going the right direction would be nice...
Esoteric

Post by Esoteric »

scmnz wrote:I'm stuck at the same part and could use a small hint, i don't want the answer given away, but something to get my brain going the right direction would be nice...
I know what you mean man. Though seriously you should really think about it, though if you want a hint, here it is. The one regarding "Game" is synonymous with hunting. Think hunting tools.
pongsifu

Post by pongsifu »

If you just can't figure it out you can just put random items on it until you hear a click. One item in particular though is something not everyone may have picked up.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Well which of the alcoves are you stuck on?
SpoilerShow
You need to read the clue next to it, and think what it could be.
Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
scmnz

Post by scmnz »

Can someone give me a Small hint on unravaler of mysteries please. Please dont give away the answer. Managed to get all the others.
Anton

Post by Anton »

LOL@"new age fluff" wtf :lol:
sojhin98

Post by sojhin98 »

scmnz wrote:Can someone give me a Small hint on unravaler of mysteries please. Please dont give away the answer. Managed to get all the others.
It is something you will have received on this floor, that i can guarntee