Friday Blog update!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
nianu

Re: Friday Blog update!

Post by nianu »

oh poo.. fine lol
ᶘ╯ᵒᴥᵒᶅ╯︵ ┻━┻
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

I'm not sure about GOG and Steam versions, but the standalone version downloads a new copy of the game rather than patching already present files. A bit odd, but honestly no big deal. ;)
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Melvoid

Post by Melvoid »

Is your version now 1.1.4 tho if so cool, cos i went to the link but it doesnt say that its the new version so clarification would be nice.
Lar

Post by Lar »

I bought mine from almost human. I am not sure where to get the new update patch.
Crashbanito

Post by Crashbanito »

The new version will say "Legend of Grimrock 1.1.4" at the bottom left.

Just give it time for the new version to be put up. I'm sure the forums will explode and you'll know when it's been released. ;)
Grimrock FAQ | If you see something fishy, flag that post! | My Gaming/Tech Blog
Grale

Post by Grale »

Lar wrote:I bought mine from almost human. I am not sure where to get the new update patch.

It say's download from where you originaly downloaded your game. I have done that and it is still 1.1.3.

There is no patch download, only original link which as i said for me is the 1.1.3 version.
Lar

Post by Lar »

Thank you for the info. Just checked and it still says Legend of Grimrock.
Eobersig

Post by Eobersig »

The version 1.1.4 is available on GoG.com

Re-download the game to get the new version. However, I had an error starting the game (game's telling you that file D3DX9_43.dll is not a valid file). There's a thread on GoG about it. Go to your LoG folder and just remove or rename the file and the game will start in version 1.1.4.

Looks like the file is included in the installer but not needed at all?
Nerkoon

Post by Nerkoon »

Eobersig wrote:The version 1.1.4 is available on GoG.com

Re-download the game to get the new version. However, I had an error starting the game (game's telling you that file D3DX9_43.dll is not a valid file). There's a thread on GoG about it. Go to your LoG folder and just remove or rename the file and the game will start in version 1.1.4.

Looks like the file is included in the installer but not needed at all?
Maybe that is why Steam switched back to 1.1.3? They noticed that extra file and problem it causes?
Lar

Post by Lar »

Crashbanito wrote:The new version will say "Legend of Grimrock 1.1.14" at the bottom left.

Just give it time for the new version to be put up. I'm sure the forums will explode and you'll know when it's been released. ;)

Thanks again for the info. I read the release notes and it stated the release in 24 hours. I will be patient
and check tomorrow. :)