Level 6 ..4 round keys

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
dbgager

Level 6 ..4 round keys

Post by dbgager »

It apperars you need 4 of these..if you want to go in the iron door. 3 to just exit down to level 7. I found one in the Haunted Halls, Sequencis, and Halls of Fire. Where did I miss one. I did not find one in the Maze of Madness. There where 2 alcoves, you could get to using the teleporter puzzle. Neither had a key if I remember correctly.
Jack Dandy

Re: Level 6 ..4 round keys

Post by Jack Dandy »

I'm at that part as well. I bet it has something to do with the "Walkabout" challenge, but I have no idea on how to complete it.

I made the 3 floor panels click, but nothing happens!
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

Jack if you need help with Walkabout...
SpoilerShow
If you just keep walking around it on the outside in a clockwise direction, making the tiles click .. About 3 times around I believe..you will make a treasure sack appear on the floor. I belive it will spawn a minor monster also on the 2nd time around.
I did not find a key there however.
Devil

Post by Devil »

I'm sure the key is on the right alcove in the maze of madness.

Walkabout:
SpoilerShow
requires you to do laps around the outside in a clockwise direction (you start at 6)
first lap spawns a rock, second lap spawns some bones with a stick, third lap spawns something... think its a sack with stuff in but I can't remember
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

Devil wrote:I'm sure the key is on the right alcove in the maze of madness.

Walkabout:
SpoilerShow
requires you to do laps around the outside in a clockwise direction (you start at 6)
first lap spawns a rock, second lap spawns some bones with a stick, third lap spawns something... think its a sack with stuff in but I can't remember
Ok..I must have missed it...Will not be hard to recover, since I took notes of the proper teleporter sequence. Thanks Devil.
pcgneurotic

Post by pcgneurotic »

That's (iirc) a gold key,
SpoilerShow
for the treasure room later on.
But I'm still looking for the 4th Round Key for the iron door...
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

pcgneurotic wrote:That's (iirc) a gold key,
SpoilerShow
for the treasure room later on.
But I'm still looking for the 4th Round Key for the iron door...
Gold key is dropped by the Ogre.
Rorrik

Post by Rorrik »

There's one in the maze of madness, one in the halls of fire, one in Sequencis, and one in the catacombs near the maze of madness where the skeletons respawn, the pressure plate there opens a door temporarily, you need to get a skeleton to hold it down for you while you run for the door.