What would you like to see added?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Raddra

Re: What would you like to see added?

Post by Raddra »

I would like to see:

More portraits
more classes (I think a cleric/shaman(healer) and a bard(buffer) would be great additions)
solo game (make a single character)
New Game + (Same deal but keep characters+skills but no items) maybe some monster switching/xp buffing to make it a bit harder and keep some level progression.
New game x (Same as new game + but randomized non-essential item spawns)
Goffmog

Post by Goffmog »

Whisper wrote:I asked to add this option to additional "Real hard" difficulty. If you have problem with mages survability - just dont play on this difficulty, play on usual "Hard" "Normal" or "Easy", already existing difficulties.

Keeping mages alive would be hard, but that's what i ask "Real hard" mode.
It would have to be called "Really hard" though or I'd send the grammar police 'round!
Eldomir

Post by Eldomir »

I know this has been said before, I've read the FAQ and this is just so the devs know how many of us there are: Linux support. Hell yeah :)
viperdeal

Post by viperdeal »

lowzei wrote:Wish of the day: More slime monsters, different types/colours of them and a % that your weapons get stuck inside of them, so you first have to kill them to get your weapon(s) back. In rare cases the weapons might be decreased in quality, get enhanced with a feature afterwards.
eh wtf o.o lol sorry dude you really want this in the game?
Betongborr

Post by Betongborr »

Just expand the game a bit more:

+some new classes
+some new races
+some new monsters
+some new spells
+more and new types of items

(i would like to buy a real expansion with all this and some more challenging dungeons.)

+some of the suggested improvemts on this forum, quiver, 1 quickpotionslot etc. Mages just need to be a bit more powerful to make it worth taking the time to cast spells. I kinda like the stressfull spellcastingsystem as it is. Mages just need some tweaking :D .
lowzei

Post by lowzei »

@viperdeal
Of course, why shouldn't i? I would be interested in that there are some more monsters in the game and that they feel different to fight against. Some monsters should behave more or less the same and just differ from how strong they are but then there definitely should be monsters who feel more special and come with abilities you first need to find out and develop tactics against. Saying so i for instance also miss mummies and that they are slow but hard to fight, except their known weakness for fire, greedy thief like monsters who steal from you and you need to track down in the dungeon, monsters you better use special weapons/abilities for in order to win in a reasonable way and so on, such things are the salt in the soup.

Wish of the day: A magical interactive component of the dungeon, like the magic mouths in The Bard's Tale. Those were great for puzzles, giving hints and telling story snippets with some more style. It was kind of dissapointing that you couldn't interact with some of the statues and the dragons.
Last edited by lowzei on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Netjera

Post by Netjera »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the ability to select skills, or have other skills available to learn as the characters progress. I find it kind of one-dimensional to only have six or seven skills that are the same offerings throughout the game. I'd love to be able to customize a bit more, or have access to some of the other skills that are more generic.
"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
Zwork

Post by Zwork »

lowzei wrote:A number of things, just to name one: water, the need to drink it, being used as a gameplay element with spells, in combats, with monsters and riddles, the level design. There are many ways how to use it, same with sand and other elements. If done well, it should add more depth, strategy, variety and so fun to the game.
I would really like to have the thirst feature like hunger, with rare sources of water spread in the dungeon so one can fill empty flasks there, but then one has less empty flasks to make potions with and vice versa.
lastsaves

Post by lastsaves »

Lmaoboat wrote:I'd like to see combat be more tactical, like have a charging enemy that's only weak from behind, or have an enemy where you have to break off part of them on all four sides. Maybe have one that has a powerful attack that it charges up, and attacking them during the animation will cause it to backfire. Perhaps a basilisk or Medusa type enemy that requires you to turn around when they're about to do a gaze attack.
Great idea.
+1 for this
lastsaves

Post by lastsaves »

Intruder313 wrote:Random distribution of items
Please, just don't randomize items...
I would spoil the game for all power gamers