3rd person option.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
earthyearth

Re: 3rd person option.

Post by earthyearth »

maybe also a 2D option lol
Crash

Post by Crash »

Hahahahaha!
CrawlerJe

Post by CrawlerJe »

I really think people are completelty overthinking what i said,, Or just have never played a game like im talking about..

As i said, the only change would be putting the camera from the front of the square you are on, to the back., thats it.. No recreating levels, No completely redesigning the game.. ext..

If you have stood toe to toe with a group of 4 skeletons gaurds.. then guess what, you have the EXACT same veiw i am talking about having.

Yes it would add character models, and more animations, so yes that would take time, But how people think it would just ruin the game is beyond me.. Have you never played a game with an over the shoulder camera?

I Dought this is anything high on the list, but i figured it would be fun to talk about, But i guess just like everything else on these boards it gets filled with anger, and distain like some how a portion has no clue.

I wonder if anyone has even played tunnels of doom..
CrawlerJe

Post by CrawlerJe »

earthyearth wrote:maybe also a 2D option lol

You know tunnels of doom had both... You could play in full 3d, and it had a over head 2d map look.. the game was so far ahead of it's time its not even funny.
gambit37

Post by gambit37 »

CrawlerJe, you seem to be failing to understand two major issues:

1) You can't play a first person dungeon crawler from a third person view. The mechanics simply wouldn't work. Period.
2) Almost Human had limited time and budget -- the game would have taken twice as long to develop (or more) if they had to create all the party models and animations, and their interactions with the dungeon and creatures. It would therefore have cost twice as much to buy, or more.
Lmaoboat

Post by Lmaoboat »

CrawlerJe wrote:I really think people are completelty overthinking what i said,, Or just have never played a game like im talking about..

As i said, the only change would be putting the camera from the front of the square you are on, to the back., thats it.. No recreating levels, No completely redesigning the game.. ext..

If you have stood toe to toe with a group of 4 skeletons gaurds.. then guess what, you have the EXACT same veiw i am talking about having.

Yes it would add character models, and more animations, so yes that would take time, But how people think it would just ruin the game is beyond me.. Have you never played a game with an over the shoulder camera?

I Dought this is anything high on the list, but i figured it would be fun to talk about, But i guess just like everything else on these boards it gets filled with anger, and distain like some how a portion has no clue.

I wonder if anyone has even played tunnels of doom..
You know 4 people made this game right, and likely only one of them is a modeler?
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Please calm things down guys.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Crash

Post by Crash »

The OP seemed to express that nausea was an issue - for me, disabling the camera bobbing helps tremendously. This is done by:

1. Update the game with the latest patch
2. Edit (My) Documents\Almost Human\grimrock.cfg
- I would suggest making a backup of this file before editing
3. Set cameraBobbing = false
- or add this line if it is not present (as on my system)