hmm, graph paper or automap...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
eisberg

hmm, graph paper or automap...

Post by eisberg »

I haven't decided if I am going to go old school of using graph paper, or use the auto map. Either way, I would end up with a map of where I have been.

What are yall doing, and why?
Darklord

Re: hmm, graph paper or automap...

Post by Darklord »

I'm going Old School, I'll find my way with no map, without making any notes. It WILL be confusing! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

I'll tackle the oldschool challenge. Gotta practice those cartography skills.

Also, I'd love to have something physical I could keep aside to remind me of the game in the far future. :)
Zetr0

Post by Zetr0 »

theres something thats forfilling in nature about jotting down the map on graph paper - its a tactile response as you note down rooms and corridors, secret door-ways....

Its as though you have earned that information... and in a way you have... killing wee beasties and dealing with other said nasties....

besides if you get the computer to automatically do everything for you.... then you miss out on a good part of the game.

ahhhh I cannot wait!
smarmar

Post by smarmar »

The pre-order comes with a printable map of what looks like kilometers of outdoor landmass. If the game supposedly takes place in a single dungeon why did the game come with an outdoor (and not a dungeon) map? :?:
Inquiring minds are confused.
eisberg

Post by eisberg »

smarmar wrote:The pre-order comes with a printable map of what looks like kilometers of outdoor landmass. If the game supposedly takes place in a single dungeon why did the game come with an outdoor (and not a dungeon) map? :?:
Inquiring minds are confused.
Often when developers are creating an RPG game in a new world of their creation, they'll often create a world with a background to it and many other things. So they would have created the land mass around Grimrock as a part of their creation, and they are sharing that with us. Perhaps one day they'll create another game based on this world, taking place somewhere on that map.
CanadianWolvie

Post by CanadianWolvie »

If it is available, I will be using a in-game auto map, with out a doubt. I got enough paper in my life, thank you very much.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

First time, virtual mapping it manually. Times after that, obviously I won't need a map if I made my own, but I might use the automap just cuz.
Torst

Post by Torst »

Thats not a question for me cause i've got the best dungeon painter of all time sitting right beside me - my wife ;)
rodrell

Post by rodrell »

Torst wrote:Thats not a question for me cause i've got the best dungeon painter of all time sitting right beside me - my wife ;)
8-)
"...on, into the dungeon..."