Please FIX the XP system!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Kadaeux

Re: Please FIX the XP system!

Post by Kadaeux »

Jack Dandy wrote:I didn't notice anything wrong with the XP system.
Neither do I, and neither will anyone else who doesn't consider counting grains of rice exiting. But apparently some people like Rice-counting because they feel the need to bitch about the XP system.
Pumpelche

Post by Pumpelche »

Loktofeit wrote:
dark wrote:Well, apparently the devs thought about this too, why else did they put an amulet in the game that gives one party member an extra 25% XP?
Wait... what?!? Do want! Share spoiler?
*LOL* This just made todays day for me ;)
Drax

Post by Drax »

Kadaeux wrote:
Neither do I, and neither will anyone else who doesn't consider counting grains of rice exiting. But apparently some people like Rice-counting because they feel the need to bitch about the XP system.
So, your argument against implementing a new XP system is that "I didn't pay any attention to the old one anyway"?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Kadaeux wrote:
Abandon ship, good men, this place is swamped with loonies who have the uncanny ability to band together and call you a doofus when you disagree with their severely OCD requests and suggestions.
maethlin

Post by maethlin »

Agree with OP.

Love this game, but there is literally *nothing* added in terms of immersion, enjoyment, logic, or even realism by the current system which needlessly complicates XP. Just divvying up XP equally seems much more reasonable. If there absolutely has to be a penalty for letting someone die (again I see no value in this since it already penalizes you buy weakening your party til you can get to a rez stone) then take away the 50% in that instance but otherwise assume everyone in the group is trying to contribute to the XP effort equally.