Sorry but, .... THANKS ! ! ! !

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Athanis

Sorry but, .... THANKS ! ! ! !

Post by Athanis »

Ok guys, i'm probably not in the right topic but I was really astonished when I watched the trailer on steam...

I'm a 34 years old geek, and I felt really good when I saw the 1st pictures of the gameplay because I've spent so much time on Eye of the Beholder (and Cristals of Arborea, and Bloodwich, and .... such a lot of souvenirs are coming back).
I guess I was expecting these kind of game to be back for such long time so : THANK YOU ! ! ! !

And I already hope for sequels ;-) BTW : Bloodwich had some very poor design... but it was so great to play a co-op RPG (yes co-op, to playeers on the same Amiga, screen split and two teams of 4 heroes : http://josselin.paris.free.fr/images/bloodwich.jpg)

So now... stop bumming on internet and forums and go back to your work ! ;-)

Antoine from France
Athanis

Re: Sorry but, .... THANKS ! ! ! !

Post by Athanis »

According to what I can read on this forum... we are a bunch of old geek whom spent nights on Eye of beholder :D
Stealth7

Post by Stealth7 »

I'm older than 34, and cracked my teeth on Wizardy 1 and Ultima 1. Well, that was on the Apple IIe. I really started with a TRS80 and played Zork 1 from a cassette drive..... Now, where is my walker ???
TΛPETRVE

Post by TΛPETRVE »

With my 26 years of age, I'm virtually a toddler. And still, I've grown up with the good shit. So let's see to it that we spread the word among younger generations.
YOU NOW PROSSESS DRACULA'S RIB!
CanadianWolvie

Post by CanadianWolvie »

It was this thread that convinced me I should sign up for the forums because I wanted to add a voice that hadn't played anything of what you folks are going on about, I have only vague memories that this reminded me of; shareware games with like procedurally generated dungeons or that at least seemed that way and Nintendo games that I didn't own but instead watched some rich kid play in his spacious game room.

And I pre-ordered it and already activated my Steam key and am failing to patiently wait for April 11. What can I say, I love Indie stuff and this looks like its going to give me an experience I don't see too often for a reasonable price.

Since others are A/S/L it seems like, let it be known I am 31 as to further your understanding of who your vocal customers are that this game is appealing to.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Athanis wrote:According to what I can read on this forum... we are a bunch of old geek whom spent nights on Eye of beholder :D
<Thinks for a minute...> Yes we are! :lol:

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Zetr0

Post by Zetr0 »

Athanis wrote:According to what I can read on this forum... we are a bunch of old geek whom spent nights on Eye of beholder :D

and what great nights they were too....
CanadianWolvie

Post by CanadianWolvie »

Yup, totally feeling the odd man out. :oops:
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Nah it's never to late to join in! :D

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

CanadianWolvie wrote:Yup, totally feeling the odd man out. :oops:
Just think, if you like it you have tons of "Grimrock clones" to go back and play now.