Release Time?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Darklord

Release Time?

Post by Darklord »

Hey Guys,

So April 11th is the release date, but what about release time? Normally with Steam I would expect to be able to play the game at midnight on the day before. (So as soon as Weds 11th begins.)

However Steam says that LoG will release in approximately 2 weeks and 1 hour, this means we wont get to play the game untill approximately 6pm BST in the UK on day of release?

The reason I ask is I am thinking of booking the day of work, but if I wont get to play it until the evening there would be no reason to do this.

Can you confirm? :)

Cheers,

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
jfunk

Re: Release Time?

Post by jfunk »

Good question. Sometimes the Steam countdowns are inaccurate. It would be helpful to know if they are currently accurate for all time zones.

In US-Eastern it currently is scheduled for 1pm on the 11th.

Note: This is probably accurate. This is the same time that Steam normally updates every day. (10AM US-Pacific). They don't seem to deviate from that too much, unless it's some big launch where special arrangements are made. Seems unlikely Grimlock will receive that treatment.

That being said, it's possible GOG and AH need not wait until that same time to release the stand-alone installer unless they have some sort agreement in place.
Last edited by jfunk on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

remember there will be a direct download if you got it from the devs, as well as the GOG version, but yes you do ask a fair point, and yes steam is annoying when it comes to releasing games on time, they usally push the time to around midnight for BST, sometimes its not always a good idea to expect to play the game on the day of release when it comes to steam
Nachtfischer

Post by Nachtfischer »

I'm from Germany and Steam usually gets updated at 7pm here (which make the 6pm in the UK guess seem right). Perhaps the standalone version will appear earlier that day though? :D
matthewfarmery

Post by matthewfarmery »

well if its 6pm on April 11, then fine, I hope to be playing the game from the direct download and bypass the steam version altogether
petri

Post by petri »

We don't know the exact time yet.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

OMG, I have just realized it's a April fools trick, LOG is really being released on April the first. Haha, you nearly had us all fooled with that one AH, but we have caught you out. :D
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Dandy wrote:OMG, I have just realized it's a April fools trick, LOG is really being released on April the first. Haha, you nearly had us all fooled with that one AH, but we have caught you out. :D
Yay! :D

Daniel.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

petri wrote:We don't know the exact time yet.
Ah no probs, if you can let us know when you do, so I'll know if it's worth booking a day off work or not! :)

Cheers!

Daniel.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Any more news? I would need to book my day off soon if I'm going to. :)

Cheers,

Daniel.