Level Editor Tutorials

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mrgaming4cheap

Level Editor Tutorials

Post by mrgaming4cheap »

I plan on doing tutorials for the level editor. Any one else going to do tutorials or make levels?
King Semos

Re: Level Editor Tutorials

Post by King Semos »

I won't be making tutorials, but I definitely will be watching them so I can make levels.
mrgaming4cheap

Post by mrgaming4cheap »

OH ok. I'll probably make some announcement when I have some tutorial videos up.
SpiderFighter

Post by SpiderFighter »

I can't wait to start building levels, so I'll definitely be involved in some capacity. I've spent the last few days conducting intense research (meaning, I've been playing every old-school game in my collection, plus bought and started the Ishar series :D ) to get myself in the right frame of mind!
war_dog

Post by war_dog »

King Semos wrote:I won't be making tutorials, but I definitely will be watching them so I can make levels.
this
mrgaming4cheap

Post by mrgaming4cheap »

Any of you ever play around with level editors before. I used to love making outdoor environments with the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset.
war_dog

Post by war_dog »

mrgaming4cheap wrote:Any of you ever play around with level editors before. I used to love making outdoor environments with the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset.
Had one for Wolfenstein3D, it was simple but still amazing, ect. when u placed a mob it would walk in the direction u faced it, then there was an arrow (8 directions), placing that on the ground would make the mob walk in the direction the arrow pointed, and with that you could make it patrol a certain area. Also you could place a field of hes "hearing" so if you fired a gun in marked area he would hear it and come running.
Ottyk

Post by Ottyk »

mrgaming4cheap wrote:Any of you ever play around with level editors before. I used to love making outdoor environments with the Neverwinter Nights 2 toolset.
Agreed, the Aurora toolset is incredible. I used to enjoy making levels in Halo's Forge editor too but besides that I'm scared of level editors/devkits. I guess I just prefer the ones that are easy to use, so I can jump straight into the level design.
stillevande

Post by stillevande »

I administer a NWN1 PRC server.

I may have to buy a copy or two of LoG for some of my builders. :)
bonnas

Post by bonnas »

where can i download tools for create mods and dungeons levels. thx.
Законы просты нам все до пиз*ы