To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Sol_HSA

Re: To those who have completed the game. [Major spoilers]

Post by Sol_HSA »

Saice wrote:
Sol_HSA wrote:Well,
SpoilerShow
I'd assume the cube wasn't using its full power yet, just wanted to squish you to get over it.
SpoilerShow
Judging by his dialog during the fight I'd would has to ask why. Why would he not use his 'full' power? He seems really intent on killing you I think someone in that mind set would pull out their big guns instead of trying to just squish me. I might buy he was in some weaken state but then why kill me I wanted to leave he could have just let me and then would have been free to do what ever his evil plans were.
SpoilerShow
1. It's alien. It's hard to know how a totally alien mind thinks.
2. It obviously underestimates the party by attacking at once. Stealthily squishing the party would have been totally easy.
3. What I was referring to is that it probably didn't have its full power YET, it's hard to imagine such an elaborate prison for just that..
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Saice

Post by Saice »

Sol_HSA wrote:
Saice wrote:
Sol_HSA wrote:Well,
SpoilerShow
I'd assume the cube wasn't using its full power yet, just wanted to squish you to get over it.
SpoilerShow
Judging by his dialog during the fight I'd would has to ask why. Why would he not use his 'full' power? He seems really intent on killing you I think someone in that mind set would pull out their big guns instead of trying to just squish me. I might buy he was in some weaken state but then why kill me I wanted to leave he could have just let me and then would have been free to do what ever his evil plans were.
SpoilerShow
1. It's alien. It's hard to know how a totally alien mind thinks.
2. It obviously underestimates the party by attacking at once. Stealthily squishing the party would have been totally easy.
3. What I was referring to is that it probably didn't have its full power YET, it's hard to imagine such an elaborate prison for just that..
SpoilerShow
Oh I agree I run with 3 as my idea right now the cube of death just for what ever reason did not have its full power. Though I still think attack was a poor choice in a weaken state. But who knows maybe ages locked up in a pit clouded its judgment.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Nyast

Post by Nyast »

bropalm wrote:For something that had to be imprisoned deep inside a dungeon mountain it didn't seem very powerful, though. Makes me wonder why the designers didn't just kill it, they had a good weapon and all. Oh well, the story doesn't need to make that much sense to me, I'm in it for the gameplay :)
Agreed with that.
SpoilerShow
Don't get me wrong, I loved and immensively enjoyed the game.. at least until the prison. It just goes downhill from here.. too many mobs to kill, the only puzzle ( 4 gears ) is much less interesting than the others ( and very nitpicky too. I watched a couple streams to see how people played that part, and unsurprisingly, most of them spent an hour or two just hunting items in empty corridors.. not fun ! ).

The scenario doesn't make much sense either, why would the "designers" build a dungeon to emprison that thing if they had a weapon and knew the tactic to beat it in the first place ?
dajbozerozum

Post by dajbozerozum »

I took down every single mob down in prison without any problems :) I also haven't use potions to heal or crystals to resurect (I only resurected Toorum). Each time I have some problem with low HP I just lay on the floor and get sleep a bit. :)
citizengrim

Post by citizengrim »

Nyast wrote:
bropalm wrote:For something that had to be imprisoned deep inside a dungeon mountain it didn't seem very powerful, though. Makes me wonder why the designers didn't just kill it, they had a good weapon and all. Oh well, the story doesn't need to make that much sense to me, I'm in it for the gameplay :)
Agreed with that.
SpoilerShow
Don't get me wrong, I loved and immensively enjoyed the game.. at least until the prison. It just goes downhill from here.. too many mobs to kill, the only puzzle ( 4 gears ) is much less interesting than the others ( and very nitpicky too. I watched a couple streams to see how people played that part, and unsurprisingly, most of them spent an hour or two just hunting items in empty corridors.. not fun ! ).

The scenario doesn't make much sense either, why would the "designers" build a dungeon to emprison that thing if they had a weapon and knew the tactic to beat it in the first place ?
SpoilerShow
My assumption, they keep it to extract information about its technology, etc. The dungeon is to keep it safe from anyone who're trying to free him or steal him, or what ever. That's probably the reason why its only accessible from the top of the mountain. But 1 thing that still puzzle me, why the whole mountain got destroyed in the end? and what caused it? From the looks of it, no one can survive from that blast
dajbozerozum

Post by dajbozerozum »

I hava a question. I haven't found all secrets (even half) but has someone found use of green gem?
Devil

Post by Devil »

you get the green gem in the same area that you use it. there was a hint on the wall saying "Feed Me"
dajbozerozum

Post by dajbozerozum »

And that is all? You can throw it away same as red gem?
Devil

Post by Devil »

same as the blue gems (tho Gamebashee seems to think you should save them), I wouldn't say same as the red gem tho 8-)
gambit37

Post by gambit37 »

Yeah, don't throw the red gem away. Well, actually you can't really, or I think you'd be unable to progress?

Return to “Gameplay Hints”