Race benefits?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Fonzman

Race benefits?

Post by Fonzman »

Are there any benefits for the different races, apart from the starting attribute points?

I am not sure, but I think my insectoid needs much less food than the humans. Otherwise my minotaur digests food much faster then the humans :-) Is it only my imagination, or is that really a difference in the races?
Lmaoboat

Re: Race benefits?

Post by Lmaoboat »

Some can choose a racial trait. +5 protection for Insectoids, and +3 AP for every skull carried for Minotaurs. The minotaur one is especially nice.
Pez

Post by Pez »

Yes, the food consumption is higher on minos and lower on insectoids, +15% and -15% if I remember correctly. Its detailed somewhere in the party creation menu. Also there are some racial traits.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

It should say something about food consumption in the description of every race.
NakedGranny

Post by NakedGranny »

Pez wrote:Yes, the food consumption is higher on minos and lower on insectoids, +15% and -15% if I remember correctly. Its detailed somewhere in the party creation menu. Also there are some racial traits.
Minotaurs have +20% to their food consumption, and they start with only 1 skill point (but all characters gain 4 skill points at every level up thereafter)

Insectoids consume food at a rate of 15% less than normal (humans and Lizardmen), but their only good feature is their high starting Willpower, meaning that they're only good for being mages... and mages aren't good for anything. seriously.