What was your favorite moment in the game?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Crashone

Re: What was your favorite moment in the game?

Post by Crashone »

There is no lack of equipement for rogue. There is plenty of. No problem to create and equip a team of four rogues.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Saice wrote:
Spathi wrote:Finding the first hidden room.
Your first or the first.

because you might be shocked to find the first hidden room is fairly early in the game.
Yeah that one, I found it the best moment b/c I thought I bet there is one there as soon as the game loaded there was, so it was good from the point of view that if the devs did that then it gave the instant feel that all the puzzles would be pretty well done.

I also like the start of games, the newness and the pov gear better than what comes later.
Pumpelche

Post by Pumpelche »

..hearing about the game..

Oh, that doesn't count? Creating the party.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

*Spoiler - end game*
SpoilerShow
A Goromorg raising the gate I had just lowered to heal my party in safety and the machine parts text being translated to English in the inventory tooltip in real time.
Sabatasso

Post by Sabatasso »

Crashone wrote:There is no lack of equipement for rogue. There is plenty of. No problem to create and equip a team of four rogues.
I know, but for it to be more effective with 4 rather than 3+fighter it is lacking. I was not complaining about rogue equipment by the way, I was really complaining about the uselessness of the two other classes in comparison to rogue.
Smaug

Post by Smaug »

Sabatasso wrote:
Crashone wrote:There is no lack of equipement for rogue. There is plenty of. No problem to create and equip a team of four rogues.
I know, but for it to be more effective with 4 rather than 3+fighter it is lacking. I was not complaining about rogue equipment by the way, I was really complaining about the uselessness of the two other classes in comparison to rogue.
Invisibility!!! Thats why I think having at least one mage is always better than 4 or 3 rogues.

My favorite moment:

Nearly every goddamn puzzle. They are so incredibly brilliant that I salute the designer on a job well done (ok, alot are copied from oldschool games, but thats a good thing).
I hope they ramp up their team so that this guy can do a trillion of those puzzles for a sequal!
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

My favourite is when I first landed on a monster by falling down a pit.
TheBigMick

Post by TheBigMick »

The first spider I saw.
Heard a noise, turned around and this giant spider lunged at me, I nearly crapped my pants and jumped a foot out of my chair.
Laughed about it later, but freaking scary at the time. It was late at night, playing in the dark in bed next to my wife. Woke her up, the dog, hell the whole neighborhood I think.
Great game, can`t say it enough
...And that's all I have to say about that.
NakedGranny

Post by NakedGranny »

Sabatasso wrote:High-point: Starting out the game, and loving every second of it.

Low-point: Discovering how incredibly poor the class balance is in the game.*

*If it wasn't for lack of equipment, four rogues would be the best group set-up. Dex-Evasion in front, Assassin and Throwing at the back.

The only viable Mage spec is loads of spellcraft and low/mid in a single spell line, that way he won't run out of energy after five spells. His damage will still be exceeded by far by a Minotaur Throwing Rogue.
quoted for truth.

absolutely every bit of it.