Will i be able to return back to the first lvl ?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Zialot

Will i be able to return back to the first lvl ?

Post by Zialot »

Hi to everyone!!

I've got a simple question :D
When i will finally finish game ( get to the last lvl ), will i be able to get back throw the hole dungeon upstairs, to the first lvl. Or there is some locked gates ( for exapmle as the upstairs on a 5 lvl at the start of the lvl6, wich as i remember was locked by a jail ).

The reason is to fined all the secrets, torumm bookmarks e.t.c.

Thanks!! ;)
kitty

Re: Will i be able to return back to the first lvl ?

Post by kitty »

Zialot wrote:Hi to everyone!!

I've got a simple question :D
When i will finally finish game ( get to the last lvl ), will i be able to get back throw the hole dungeon upstairs, to the first lvl. Or there is some locked gates ( for exapmle as the upstairs on a 5 lvl at the start of the lvl6, wich as i remember was locked by a jail ).

The reason is to fined all the secrets, torumm bookmarks e.t.c.

Thanks!! ;)
No and Yes
SpoilerShow
Do that before last boss.
I had doors on 6th floor opened. So I was able to get upstairs.
Zialot

Post by Zialot »

Oh yes, of couse i understand that if i will kill the last boss or do something else at the end of a game :D ( i dont know, what exactly will be at the end of game for now, as i am on a 7 lvl. And to be honest - i dont really want to. Let it be surprise for me, will be more interesting to keep playing :lol: ), i will see final movie and list of credits :) . I will specially make save game and want to get back and start looking for a missing secrets. And if it so, that would be nice. Thanks for reply ;) .
Empyrean

Post by Empyrean »

Until you initiate the last boss fight, you can backtrack. Level 6 locks you in until you complete most of it, but you can backtrack after that.
Zialot

Post by Zialot »

Ok Thanks 8-)

Return to “Gameplay Hints”