Is Seeker of Secrets actually obtainable?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Lorebot

Re: Is Seeker of Secrets actually obtainable?

Post by Lorebot »

hrm...sitting at 69/71 myself and as far as I can tell I've collected every item in the game :(
I suppose if I want the achievement badly enough I can load an earlier save and backtrack through the dungeon and double check all the secrets using a guide or something...
Maybe there's a secret that I needed to pick up some item to get and I recognized it and didn't need so I never grabbed it /shrug

As long as the achievement is confirmed as working I suppose I'll get it eventually...maybe when i play through on Hard Mode...
Disasterrific

Post by Disasterrific »

All the secrets are obtained simply by walking into the secret square, if you've found it it doesn't matter whether you took the item or not.

Up to 63/71 - there's 2 areas that I know have to be accessible and one button I just found that opens a secret wall somewhere (maybe on a timer) that I need to check out. 2 more treasures to go as well so still a bit far off. Need the boots of valor too but I presume they'll be one of the secrets...

Are there any secrets involving the blue and green gems? I don't particularly fancy going all the way to the beginning and trying them in every head but I figure I might as well put the green one in the blue one and the blue one in the green one.
Filiecs

Post by Filiecs »

Khildith wrote:
pingeee wrote:Nvm, got the achievement :) Missed the one in the cage on lvl 4 like a derp, at beast gardens.

Would you believe I was missing the exact same secret? What are the chances?

Probably one of the least obvious secrets in the game though.
Wow.
Same for me, I can't believe I missed that one.

It just gave junk so it fell under my radar.
RamenxNoodles

Post by RamenxNoodles »

pingeee wrote:Nvm, got the achievement :) Missed the one in the cage on lvl 4 like a derp, at beast gardens.
I'm sitting on 70/71 and I checked to make sure I got that one on level 4 and still nothing.

I added up the secrets GameBanshee had it added up to 70. Something is missing, any suggestions?

EDIT:

I got it, the one that GameBanshee failed to mention was
SpoilerShow
the WalkAbout puzzle on level 6.
Now I play something while waiting for new dungeons to explore XD. I wish they made it like Dungeon Master though, that had skill increasing based on items you use. Ahh well, best $15 I've spent in a while :D
Montis

Post by Montis »

I finally got my last secret as well.
SpoilerShow
It was the one in the Catacombs on level 4 with the flarefeather cap.
:D

Off to a hard mode oldschool run with our good old friend.
SpoilerShow
Toorum that is, of course.
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
Porkdish

Post by Porkdish »

That first gold key door on level 2 (?) counts a secret doesn't it?

I did have a playthrough with 71/71 secrets but all my subsequent ones have had 70//71. I'm hoping its because I saved that key for later.
Montis

Post by Montis »

Porkdish wrote:That first gold key door on level 2 (?) counts a secret doesn't it?

I did have a playthrough with 71/71 secrets but all my subsequent ones have had 70//71. I'm hoping its because I saved that key for later.
yes it does
When destiny calls, the chosen have no choice.

My completed dungeon (LoG1): Hypercube
affa

Post by affa »

Khildith wrote:

Would you believe I was missing the exact same secret? What are the chances?

Probably one of the least obvious secrets in the game though.
Wow. You guys rock. I just finished my first playthrough (hard, old school) and was missing 2...
the first was obvious, since i was missing the lurker achievement i checked a guide and realized i missed the very first secret (doh!). The other would have been a nightmare to dig up, but i found this thread and sure enough, the secret room wasn't charted on my map.

i don't really 'count' missing a secret in the first room (before i even knew they existed), but it's pretty amazing i found all of them but the same one as you guys, too.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Well done guys, that's some impressive detective work! :P

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
affa

Post by affa »

Darklord wrote:Well done guys, that's some impressive detective work! :P

Daniel.
a lot of staring at walls, too, lol