Did you miss a good item? (REFERENCE)

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
xlaZuRelx

Re: Did you miss a good item? (REFERENCE)

Post by xlaZuRelx »

cdhinhou wrote:One of the missing secrets from the GameBanshee list is the walkabout secret on level 6 found after making 3 laps in the area and getting a sack of loot. This is one of the few secrets that is based on an action rather than finding an area. I wonder if the other 2 secrets are like that. For the poster of this thread, do you know which 2 secrets you found that are not listed on GameBanshee? I am stuck at 69/71 here.
Frankly, I have no idea :lol: I don't put placement of secrets so that exploration of the game is not lost. That was the rule of this thread :D
cdhinhou

Post by cdhinhou »

Sorry about that. I edited my post to not reveal how the secret is obtained.
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

cdhinhou wrote:Sorry about that. I edited my post to not reveal how the secret is obtained.
Just put it under a spoiler drop. Some people just want to know...
The Doppelgamer

Post by The Doppelgamer »

xlaZuRelx wrote:
SpoilerShow
All secrets have a chime sound so as treasures, but treasure are not counted as secrets only the area you found them are.
Toorum remains quest does not add to secrets but "You hear a Distant Sigh of Relief"
As for Toorum's mode, i don't think it to be the case as most people have completed the secrets before Toorum mode
Yeah I figured, I currently have 69/71 secrets on my second playthrough, donno where I missed 2 :roll: probably one of them is the same that you're missing since I was using your list lol
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
Also check out my LoG2 Icon
Tarnim

Post by Tarnim »

Hi,

it seems, that you are missing a secret area in level 6, which contains 2 fire bombs.
Gamebanshee on the other hand is missing the speed potion on level 6 in 'Walkabout' in their secrets guide (although it's mentioned in the walkthrough)

(I didn't go through all 13 pages, so if somebody already mentioned it, sorry...)

Tarnim
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

Tarnim wrote:Hi,

it seems, that you are missing a secret area in level 6, which contains 2 fire bombs.
Gamebanshee on the other hand is missing the speed potion on level 6 in 'Walkabout' in their secrets guide (although it's mentioned in the walkthrough)

(I didn't go through all 13 pages, so if somebody already mentioned it, sorry...)

Tarnim
Omg finally... but then again... i overwritten my save file *RAGE :evil: * Gonna take a break from Grimrock... *QQQQQQqqqqqqq*
Exiled

Post by Exiled »

Do you count secrets that are found on for example on level 4 by jumping into pit on level 3 as level 3 or 4 secret? It would be nice if you would specify this in your first post. Great list tho, very helpful.
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

Exiled wrote:Do you count secrets that are found on for example on level 4 by jumping into pit on level 3 as level 3 or 4 secret? It would be nice if you would specify this in your first post. Great list tho, very helpful.
The secrets listed are those you can get while you are at the level regardless of pit falls or teleports. Its obtainable when you are playing that level.
HateSolstice

Post by HateSolstice »

I've played 2 separate games now to level 5, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where a few of the things are that you guys have mentioned. For example, the floor 2 treasure, the flarefeather cap, the venom dagger, and that armor behind the grate in the pit area of floor 4(floor 5). There's a couple other items that I know I have missed, and I've been as painfully thorough as I could possibly manage. Strangely enough, some I found quite easily that others here claim to have had a hard time finding, so I guess it's an equal trade-off.

I'll be starting a 3rd run tonight after I get home from work. I might even begin a thread to chronicle it, just in case someone might be slightly interested. I'll do it floor by floor, and I'll try and post progress screens for every floor showing all areas I explore. Every secret/treasure/note I find I'll also mark with a note icon, so people can yell at me for missing obvious stuff.

This is, of course, if anyone at all is slightly interested. I don't have the proper setup for a "Let's Play" video, so no go for that.

P.S. I'm not familiar with this board's code. How do you guys make those show/hide spoiler boxes?
Hissssa

Post by Hissssa »

you type: [ ] with spoiler written in the middle and then do the same with / in front of the word spoiler inside the brackets at the end of a spoiler segment. Think of it in the same way you would handle a quote from another person.
SpoilerShow
Quote someone's test and you can copy/paste