Items? Drop or carry?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Saice

Re: Items? Drop or carry?

Post by Saice »

dark wrote:
technotica wrote:Do you guys use boxes and bags? I am not very far in yet but I have two bags and a box already, I hope there are a few more later on.
Bags dont hold as much, but they dont weigh anything either. boxes weigh about 3KG if I recall. I use bags when ever possible.
Neat trick just so you know. Fill a box or bag with stuff. Pick it up with your mouse. Magic you can carry it around with no impact on your party's weight limits.

Yeah sure it is a cheat in a sense. I've only really be doing it on my solo play through do to sheer lack of space. I load a box up with food and drop it off by the stairs or by the crystal so I have a back up plan for food. Then I only carry like 1 piece of food on me while I run around the level.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
ZeroNova

Re: Items? Drop or carry?

Post by ZeroNova »

I'm a hoarder myself when it comes to games (especially RPGs), so I usually try to keep at least one of everything, especially if it's something unique/missable. In this game that's not really a good idea though, mainly because of weight/space issues, and also the fact that once you find better stuff, the old weapon/armor usually becomes useless.

I still managed to carry pretty much everything I found in the game to one of my 3 "storage areas", where I keep all my useless stuff ;)