[SPOILER] Insane Attack Speed

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Myeka

[SPOILER] Insane Attack Speed

Post by Myeka »

The following contains a huge spoiler so if you didn't finish the game yet I suggest you not to look this right now.
SpoilerShow
Toorum (100% attack speed) + Sword SKill 50 (+100% attack speed) + Bracelet of Tirin (+X% attack speed) + Potion of Speed (+100% attack speed) = this
petri

Re: [SPOILER] Insane Attack Speed

Post by petri »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sol_HSA

Post by Sol_HSA »

:D :D
Reminder: moderators (green names) don't work for almost human. | http://iki.fi/sol/ - My schtuphh..
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I am surprised there is no cap (hard or soft) on attack speed.
Also no cap on resistances.

I hope this gets fixed in patch.
Ganimoth

Post by Ganimoth »

Hilarious :D
Saice

Post by Saice »

Oh... oh my....
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
petri

Post by petri »

Whisper wrote:I hope this gets fixed in patch.
Why?
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

petri wrote:Why?

To keep game balanced.

If i want balanced run with Toorum (who is he? i still wonder) i basically have to avoid going for 50 in sword or using speed potions. Avoiding some skills or items in my play because they unbalance game - just seems not right to me.
petri

Post by petri »

I don't think it's a problem. There are limited number of speed potions, getting to level 50 in Swords takes a lot of time and this is just a single bonus gameplay mode. Besides it looks too fun to nerf it :)
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

petri wrote:I don't think it's a problem. There are limited number of speed potions, getting to level 50 in Swords takes a lot of time and this is just a single bonus gameplay mode. Besides it looks too fun to nerf it :)
I have around 17 (maybe slightly more, at work now so cant tell exactly) plants that are needed in speed potion. So, you are right on this.
But about 50 in sword taking long not so sure, since +15 skill points from book. Also sword will be best skill for Toorum so you bound to go this way probably if you want optimal (you can go for some armor skill, but why? wont save much on hard and about magic with limited mana pool would you have mana to kill more than one monster at higher level without rest?).

But if its not problem, please disregard what i write. It was just personal thoughts on matter.

p.s. Petri, thank you for reply. And awesome game you made. I thought that i would play retro classic RPGs only this days, good thing i was wrong and some modern games are made for people like me.