Monsters healing?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Kusiga

Monsters healing?

Post by Kusiga »

Was just curious if any of the monsters or anything in this game heal? Like if I run away and sleep then come back healed will they also be healed?
Saice

Re: Monsters healing?

Post by Saice »

Not that I noticed
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Pajamas

Post by Pajamas »

Nope, and its just great. Later in the game when your fighting a incarnation of both the Grim Reaper and Cthulhu you definetely need to do some questionable things to live. If it involves closing and opening a door frantically, so be it, if your alive your doing it right.

I've slept and came back to every monster at least once in the game, and I can tell you that there is no healing on their side.
DesiQ

Post by DesiQ »

I beat the
SpoilerShow
slime dungeon
by fleeing to a blue crystal halfway through fighting each slime. They don't regenerate.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Certain sets of monsters will respawn. But not..re-heal.
Eschia

Post by Eschia »

Pajamas wrote: I've slept and came back to every monster at least once in the game, and I can tell you that there is no healing on their side.
I try to imagine that all the monsters are starving. It makes sense. When starving, your health/energy doesn't regen. And your party is the first 4 pieces of fresh meat these monsters have probably seen in ages.
delastone

Post by delastone »

Pajamas wrote:. If it involves closing and opening a door frantically, so be it, if your alive your doing it right.
Well... some npc open the doors late in the game :)

And that was a big surprise moment when it happen :)
Kusiga

Post by Kusiga »

delastone wrote:
Pajamas wrote:. If it involves closing and opening a door frantically, so be it, if your alive your doing it right.
Well... some npc open the doors late in the game :)

And that was a big surprise moment when it happen :)

Uh-oh I get scared enough as it is....if I ever make it to those moments i'll be freaking out.
Saice

Post by Saice »

Eschia wrote:
Pajamas wrote: I've slept and came back to every monster at least once in the game, and I can tell you that there is no healing on their side.
I try to imagine that all the monsters are starving. It makes sense. When starving, your health/energy doesn't regen. And your party is the first 4 pieces of fresh meat these monsters have probably seen in ages.
make sense for most of them since hey tend to not be in mixed groups. Migth also explain why for the most part the levels have a low population.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through