Video content?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Karkarov

Video content?

Post by Karkarov »

Since these forums were just created and you guys developing the game are so communicative with the fans out there (awesome thing that) I just wanted to throw out a question relating to online video...

How do you guys at Almost Human Games feel about people making video's of your game then posting them on the net? I myself like to sometimes do a good old "let's play" of games I take a liking to and this one definitely has alot of potential in that way.... However! Many publishers don't like that sort of thing because it can show off large parts if not the vast majority of a game to people without them actually you know buying it. So that said I obviously want people to buy your game, I know I will, so I am curious how you guys feel about that stuff?

In short what kind of fan made video's do you guys think is good, and what kind would you rather not see if any?
petri

Re: Video content?

Post by petri »

We have absolutely nothing against people making videos of the game. On the contrary we think it will help in spreading the word. So please do make some videos when the game is out! :-) I have just one wish: please add spoiler tags if the videos show solutions to puzzles so people who don't want to see the solutions will be happy.
Mameluk

Post by Mameluk »

There isn't much the Almost Human chaps can do about people making videos of their game. Sadly, it'll be your own fault if you happen to spoil the experience by watching those videos. :(
Karkarov

Post by Karkarov »

Mameluk wrote:There isn't much the Almost Human chaps can do about people making videos of their game. Sadly, it'll be your own fault if you happen to spoil the experience by watching those videos. :(
That's true, but I am the type of dude who has respect for the people who make the games I like. So while I can't do jack about random internet dude 4, I can control what I do myself. So I wanted to know how they felt about stuff.