Grimrock on Crossover Games (Mac)

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
soggie

Grimrock on Crossover Games (Mac)

Post by soggie »

Hi, I'm a big fan of Eye of the Beholder series, and had first payed EoB 3 back when I was about 13-14 years old (if not mistaken). As a kid, I couldn't figure anything out, and keep getting killed by some orc/giant thing (it was green, big, and deadly). Since then, I've seen a steady decline of RPGs that were fun, giving way to RPGs that told a story and played like a movie than a game. Until I found Grimrock (Age of Decadence, Frayed Knights, and Knights of the Chalice too). Now I am using a Mac Book Pro, and as I understand Grimrock does not support Macs yet.

Well, that's not stopping me. I had crossover games installed to play Baldur's Gate and Planescape, and now I've paid for the PC version of Grimrock and will see if it works. Even if it doesn't, I won't complain... it's rare to find people willing to take the old school to the new world, and for every one that does reaches release, I'd gladly pay for it even if it takes me hours after hours of hacking to get it to work on my preferred platform.

Anyways, I'll update this thread about my progress on trying to get this game to work while waiting for the mac version of Grimrock, so other Mac users might have the chance to sample this earlier. Stay tuned.
ironmadeit

Re: Grimrock on Crossover Games (Mac)

Post by ironmadeit »

it works with no problems :D
maxoueb

Post by maxoueb »

@ironmadeit Any chance you could share your Crossover Games settings (and installed components)?

I am running Crossover Games 10.1.2 on Mac OS 10.7.3, and the game installs fine, but fails to launch (something starts, but immediately crash).
So basically: Legend of Grimrock doesn't work for me with Crossover Games.

I am using a Winxp bottle, with the following components installed: CrossOver HTML engine, DirectX 9, Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable.

Would really appreciate some help.
ironmadeit

Post by ironmadeit »

That happened to me also, install directx which also is in the game folder , and you are ready to go :D
maxoueb

Post by maxoueb »

ironmadeit wrote:That happened to me also, install directx which also is in the game folder , and you are ready to go :D
I had to upgrade to CrossOver 11.0.3, reinstall Legend of Grimrock, then install "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer" (inside Community Supported Applications), and "DirectX 9" (from "Runtime Support Components") - and, miracle, the game works!

Cheers!
maxoueb

Post by maxoueb »

Actually, turns out it's not working (the game starts though). Here's what I see in-game:

*rage*

I'm using OS X 10.7.3, 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB of RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M. CrossOver version 11.0.3, and here's the installed Applications & Components I have:

I'd really appreciate some help/pointers.
soggie

Post by soggie »

Funny, I made this thread and I can't find it later. Anyways, it's not working for me either. Gonna dual boot to windows.