[spoilers] [curse words] [spiders] HATE

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Halk

Re: [spoilers] [curse words] [spiders] HATE

Post by Halk »

Oh yeah I forgot about them... the healing crystals are a bit too OTT if you ask me though! :) I wouldn't mind seeing them toned down. Last time I ran back to one, tagged it and ran back it felt a bit cheesy.

Perhaps they could cure effects, poison/disease/death but not heal/replace energy?

Then again it might just be me feeling that.
Dandy

Post by Dandy »

I think the introduction of so many spiders so early in the game, was a mistake and I can sympathize with the op. This is the point were my interest and love for the game were severely dampened, and I never regained the admiration I had from the first two levels.
Dungeon Legend about the Master of Grimrock
Halk

Post by Halk »

There's a definite jump in difficulty, the slimes are a jump following that too. Perhaps if the step wasn't so severe... however all things considered I quite relished the challenge. Perhaps the end of level 2 could use more difficulty, although even saying that the herders towards the end weren't _that_ easy...
sprawler

Post by sprawler »

Hey guys , someone knows will game designers will makes smoething about those spiders in the 1,14 patch , some option , spiders on/off (change them to crabs or slime etc) , and if not , when map editor will be ready i hope someone will mak epatch/mod for this quick :( , game isint fun anymore with those spiders , i want rpg game not horror game
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

I don't mind the crystal full heals, though if you ask me, they'd be spaced much farther apart and have a much, much longer cooldown time.

This game is balanced kind of differently than games like Eye of the Beholder though. In this game, each individual encounter has the potential to be a full party wipe, and the focus of the game's strategy is how you handle each individual encounter.

In EOTB the odds of any one monster (other than a spider) killing a party member was almost zero. But the lack of regeneration or easy healing in that game (Not counting the uber weak cleric spells) meant that each hit point was a precious resource. Your strategy in this game was more of a conservative and long term one rather than viewing each encounter as its own separate challenge. Serious injuries in that game weren't necessarily party wipes, they just made you pay by way of time and food instead.

It's a different approach, and it works with what it wants to do.
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

If you have spiders, wait till you face slimes. Will happen quite soon )
fuckspiders

Post by fuckspiders »

i didnt find the slimes that hard to be honest. same goes for the poison mushrooms a few mentioned.
it was just that the location of the spider nests in lev3 seemed to hate me somehow... i checked every corner behind me to make sure my back was free of enemys but still the came from behind after i got to a certain point. THATS what pissed me off so much...

also i didnt try to simply sleep venom off as i thought it will kill me while sleeping. stupid me.

am now past the 4 trials
SpoilerShow
(i noticed the one you can use the one where you need to trap the 3 skeletons for grinding levels as they are terribly easy to kill and there is an unlimited amount of them?
schiz0phren1c

Post by schiz0phren1c »

I'm on my second full run through and 4th party(so 4th time on level 3)
and the little feckers STILL manage to frighten the bejaysus out of me...
"ninja spidering" is their favourite trick for me...waiting quietly at a corner then GNASH!
sleep is your friend OP,as is the "square dance".
God I love this game,
its been a long time since I finished a game and IMMEDIATELY started again with a different party.
Halk

Post by Halk »

fuckspiders wrote:i didnt find the slimes that hard to be honest. same goes for the poison mushrooms a few mentioned.
it was just that the location of the spider nests in lev3 seemed to hate me somehow... i checked every corner behind me to make sure my back was free of enemys but still the came from behind after i got to a certain point. THATS what pissed me off so much...

also i didnt try to simply sleep venom off as i thought it will kill me while sleeping. stupid me.

am now past the 4 trials
SpoilerShow
(i noticed the one you can use the one where you need to trap the 3 skeletons for grinding levels as they are terribly easy to kill and there is an unlimited amount of them?
On them coming from behind...
SpoilerShow
I don't know that they come from nests. There is one point where I faintly heard a wall opening, and when I backtracked there were spiders behind me.
In any case, glad you got past it, I did enjoy your rant and I think you're all the better for being man enough to make slightly sheepish apology afterwards :)
schiz0phren1c

Post by schiz0phren1c »

fuckspiders wrote:i didnt find the slimes that hard to be honest. same goes for the poison mushrooms a few mentioned.

am now past the 4 trials
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
There IS a point where opening one door in fact opens another...that's probably where they were jumping you from behind,you can deal with it by opening the door and running like hell to a point where you can take em on one at a time