XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Nomadikhan

Re: XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create

Post by Nomadikhan »

veector wrote:Based on this:

http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/d3dx_dlls.html

I'd start by renaming any dll that begins with XAudio2_ in the System32 or SysWOW64 folders.

Then rerun DXSetup.exe
Problem still persist after trying your idea. I have deleted xaudio2_7.dll from my system32 folder and the game runs, if I do the same from the sysWOW64 it gives me the "XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create" error again, so it's limited to the 64bit .dll I assume. Although both in each folder are the exact same filesize and were created the same date.

The Feb update worked fine for me, it's something in the June update and according to that page only 3 files were added. xapofx1_5 is said to work with xactengine and xaudio2 so i have backed it up from both folders and deleted as well, and the game still runs. In theory this will force the game to use the next oldest version again, so here goes more testing.

EDIT: No dice, deleting XactEngine3_7.dll and XAPOFX1_5.dll from both system32 and sysWOW64 while using xaudio2_7.dll (newest version) did allow the game to run it still suffered random lag spikes. It seems that my PC and xaudio2_7.dll just do not get along.
Nomadikhan

Post by Nomadikhan »

Fresh installed win7 pro and fully updated all sound, graphics, netcard drivers, fully updated directx (the web updateder updates all versions dll's) and the game still lags, hell all my games using directx still lag. It's either a bug with directx or one of my drivers is bugged.

Either way grimrock was alright, but it seems I will be rolling back to a previous version of directx so i can play my other games. Goodbye Grimrock.
BlazinBlack

Post by BlazinBlack »

Hey there,
just bought Grimrock and i'm getting a similiar Error to the one explained in this thread.
Have a look at the Messagebox:

So the only option working seems to be updating DirectX9.0c as said above.
But i really don't want to patch and repair and roll my system back and forth just for playing grimrock from time to time.
Could anyone from the Team tell us - please - if they are working on this Issue?

P.s.: I'm Using
Win 7 64bit Ultimate
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor 3.20 Ghz
8 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

EDIT: Just restarted my PC, now both, the Standalone version and the Steam version do work well!
Archie Stanton

Post by Archie Stanton »

hello there,

bought this (on first appearances) rather wonderful looking game over the weekend.

tis running fine at home, but i have a small problem i need some help solving

i have a PC under my desk at work, that is admin protected (so i cant run any setup.exe type files)

and it isn't connected to our network

now i would quite like to dungeoneer at work (only at lunchtimes ofc ;op)

but alas i am geting the xaudio2 error when trying to install.

can any clever IT types help me jump the necessary hurdles?

cheers
Archie Stanton

Post by Archie Stanton »

no bright ideas :(

sat here with belgian chocolate haagen daaaaaazs

i could be dungeoneering!!!!
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Did you try the fix on page 2 of this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=513&start=10#p11187

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
BlackSanguine

Post by BlackSanguine »

I fixed this issue with lowering my resolution, ironically.
No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each others' worth.
Archie Stanton

Post by Archie Stanton »

Darklord wrote:Did you try the fix on page 2 of this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=513&start=10#p11187

Daniel.
i can't try that solution as spare PC under desk doesn't have t'internet connection

and is old work one that IT have forgot about, but still has admin priveleges preventing me from running anything that is a setup.type file :(
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

Archie Stanton wrote: i can't try that solution as spare PC under desk doesn't have t'internet connection

and is old work one that IT have forgot about, but still has admin priveleges preventing me from running anything that is a setup.type file :(
That sucks. :(

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
whiskahs

Post by whiskahs »

Same issue, but it only seems to happen when I have a second monitor hooked up even with the DirectX install suggested on page 2.