Idea: More combat oriented game.

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
dbgager

Re: Idea: More combat oriented game.

Post by dbgager »

Sorry...But you asked for peoples opinion. And mine is do not mess with this great game system.
Hardsun

Post by Hardsun »

And im fine with it, everyone have its own opinion and its normal. My opinion was we have great game LoG (modern game) recreating some good old stuff, and i like it. But looking into past at my gamplay expirience with Demise: Rise of Ku'Tan i was thinking how great it was, how long and deep and ive got an idea what if LoG devs could make something in that way basing on what they already did. Couse its all dungeon crawlers, just different types of it.
Btw, i never felt M&M or Wizardy series being dungeon crawlers, probably only older version. Today a lot of player start to call dungeon crawler every game with dungeons, ok lets call WoW or Skyrim dungeon crawler lol :D
To me dungeon crawlers was always a game 99% about exploring grid based mazed dungeon, probably with some rudimentary around dungeon stuff like town in Demise, but again its all my imho.
Horrorscope

Post by Horrorscope »

I hope this rekindles this genre's fires. There are many variations you could do with this genre. Yes I am one that would also enjoy a more complex combat model/hack romp. That doesn't mean this ain't the shit.
CV77

Post by CV77 »

Horrorscope wrote:I hope this rekindles this genre's fires. There are many variations you could do with this genre. Yes I am one that would also enjoy a more complex combat model/hack romp. That doesn't mean this ain't the shit.
Right on, I'd love to see a complex CRPG with a turn-based combat of Betrayal at Krondor, magic system and character development of Wizardry VII, item and loot richness of Diablo, worldbuilding and exploration richness of Skyrim and mindblowing writing and storytelling creativity of Planescape:Torment in a LoG engine.

But that isn't going to happen so I'm gonna enjoy another playthrough of the actual LoG and then I'm gonna enjoy Diablo 3 as much as the other guy :)
Hardsun

Post by Hardsun »

CV77 you just asking too much at once - thats why its not gonna happen :D
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

Hardsun wrote:CV77 you just asking too much at once - thats why its not gonna happen :D
I think his message was meant as sarcasm..People like the game the way it is. If you want to play a game like you describe..FInd one. Your suggestions would ruin the game..Skills that reveal secret areas. Geez.. Why don't we just get the finish puzzle skill also.
Horrorscope

Post by Horrorscope »

Hardsun

Post by Hardsun »

:mrgreen:
Hardsun

Post by Hardsun »

Would be nice to hear what devs think about ... Like it is possible, or we will think about it, or no it cant be done based on LoG engine ... mmm ? ;)
So...
Hardsun

Post by Hardsun »

Juho or Petri, stop hiding guys :?