Updated Directx to fix XAudio2 error, creates lag

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Nomadikhan

Updated Directx to fix XAudio2 error, creates lag

Post by Nomadikhan »

Ok so I had the same issue as viewtopic.php?f=12&t=513 and I updated my directx 9.0c as other people in the same post did. It fixed the XAudio2 error in XAudio2Create issue but created massive lag spikes as a side effect.

IT didn't just affect Grimrock, but now every directx enabled game I play suffers massive lag spikes where I'll randomly go from 60+fps to 2-3 fps for 2-3 minutes, then all a sudden jump right back to 60+fps.

This is pretty much making every game un playable now. I had also tried updating directx11 as it contains some of the same updated files and I still get this issue.

Either I fix this or I roll back my system and forget about grimrock.... does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping I don't end up having to wipe and fresh instal my pc, although it may be a good idea, been a couple years since I've done it.
RMariano

Re: Updated Directx to fix XAudio2 error, creates lag

Post by RMariano »

Do a System Restore and then make sure you have the latest Graphics Drivers for your system.
Regards,

RMariano