[Bug] [spoilers] Death blow by special = no exp?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Druff

[Bug] [spoilers] Death blow by special = no exp?

Post by Druff »

Just noticed, after quite a bit of dancing with one of these hooded pains in the butt, that I seemed to miss out on exp just because the death blow was done by my fighter with the
SpoilerShow
Dismantler explosion special.
3 of my group had hit him or made damage to him, but nobody got any experience, and no "+xp" floating text etc either.
Drax

Re: [Bug] [spoilers] Death blow by special = no exp?

Post by Drax »

Which weapon and special? I've definitely got XP when my ice axe thing has killed someone.
Druff

Post by Druff »

If the battle ends with the
SpoilerShow
Dismantler kaboom lightning special attack
then the mobs don't seem to reward any exp, I haven't used other weapons with specials yet so no idea if it is just this one.

Edit: tested it to mobs further down, and got exp as expected, but was able to reproduce the no-exp situation 3 times to the hooded monsters in the temple.
dev1null

Post by dev1null »

Druff wrote:If the battle ends with the
SpoilerShow
Dismantler kaboom lightning special attack
then the mobs don't seem to reward any exp, I haven't used other weapons with specials yet so no idea if it is just this one.

Edit: tested it to mobs further down, and got exp as expected, but was able to reproduce the no-exp situation 3 times to the hooded monsters in the temple.
not just dismantler but shaman staff too (it adds additional effect to your poison bolts)..ive already made a thread about it in the tech support. No reaction tho..