Average Age ...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
mku

Re: Average Age ...

Post by mku »

im 32. First time i tried dungeon master with my friends amiga and later on played it through couple of times with PC. I have fond memories of the scary times I had listening to the sounds of monsters moving nearby and holding my fingers crossed while sleeping and recovering on a cold corridor floor :P Also played EotB (maybe EotB2 if i remember correctly) and DM2, but the original DM has always been the one.

Just finished Legend of Grimrock, and i have to say, its the next best thing so far that i have seen!

I applaud and thank you very much! For less than 10€, this was a steal (with no superb dex required)
lostprophet

Post by lostprophet »

What can I say? I'm 24 and I've never played EoB, DM or any of these older games. I just watched the video, saw a few pictures and pre-ordered. Simple as that :)
My Hungarian game translations @ http://lostprophet.weboldala.net
Brail

Post by Brail »

I am 24, and regret missing out on the classic games that inspired LoG. I hope one day to get ahold of some old Roguelikes
Zander

Post by Zander »

I'm 36. Played Dungeon Master the first time after reading about it in Dragon Magazine in the 80s on a Apple IIgs, I was 12 I think?

Love Grimrock.
mrgaming4cheap

Post by mrgaming4cheap »

I am doing a Let's Play of this game on Youtube. Youtube tells me that over 80% of my audience are males between the ages of 35 to 44. I am 41 by the way.

If you want to check out my LP the link is in my signature.
BaukisFilemon

Post by BaukisFilemon »

25 here. Was too young to play these games, but have tried and enjoyed Wizardry and Shining in the Darkness for the Sega Genesis. Also loved Dark Spire and Etrian Oddysey for the Nintendo DS. Never played a real time, grid based dungeon crawler before but I really really love it.

I also remember getting Sword of Hope for the gameboy when I was like six years old and didn't understand what to do. The game was translated to swedish which was and still is rare. The translation was ridiculous though. One example is that they translated the word chest for "bröst" which in swedish means breast. Chest could both mean breast or chest in swedish. It was funny as hell when i revisited the game a year or so ago and suddenly read "Du hittar bröst! Vill du öppna bröst?" ("You find breast! Do you want to open breast?"). Horrible game by the way, glad I got my mom to return it for Metroid II.
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I'm 35.
DemonLord

Post by DemonLord »

30 winters
Filemon

Post by Filemon »

I'm 35 years old.
theblackfrog

Post by theblackfrog »

Hi,

im (nerdy mode on) level 34 and i played Dungeon Master on an Atari st 1200 or something like that when i was 10 or 12?! something like that. LoG is the best thing in the gamers world for a loooooong time.

and i find it awesome that so many young players play this kind of rpg so it has nothing to do with old school or so. its just an addictive game style....funny though