fist fighter question

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
war_dog

fist fighter question

Post by war_dog »

Im starting a new party, i want a fist fighter/monk, should he be dex or str based?
Marsu

Re: fist fighter question

Post by Marsu »

I went kinda both ways. More str than dex tho. Str=Damage, Dex=Accuracy.

Tip: You can equip a shield in the other hand.
war_dog

Post by war_dog »

Marsu wrote: Tip: You can equip a shield in the other hand.
good one, thx...
I ended up making 2 fist fighters :
1 Minotaur Warrior (Fist Fighter + Head Hunter) with max str. (dex 10 to negate any negative stats) with skills in armor aswell.
and a Insectoid Rogue (Fist Fighter + Natural Armor) with max dex. (vit and str 10 to negate any negative stats) with skills in dodge.

Im courious on how this will turn out in the end, the Minotaur gets hit more, and he makes more misses, but he hits harder.
I dont even think my Insectoid have been hit yet, he hits more often but for less dmg.
sea

Post by sea »

A monk-type character will have a high Evasion due to Unarmed Combat, so pumping Dex and Strength at the expense of Vitality is definitely the best choice. The race you go with and the ratio of Strength to Dex is up to you, but I'd go with a slightly higher Strength just for utility value. When combined with the Lurker gear your monk will be basically untouchable, and will be one of the biggest damage-dealers in your party.
xlaZuRelx

Post by xlaZuRelx »

Completed with a Minotaur Monk. Hits like a truck but gets out damaged at lv11 or so but has high hit accuracy. Never made it to the three point thingy at lv50 unarmed. Someone should try.
sea

Post by sea »

Three Point Technique is great and can do 200+ damage against some enemies. Not the strongest attack (for example it's no insta-killing like Rogues get) but it's definitely worthwhile, unlike some of the other level 50 abilities.
Arty

Post by Arty »

For front line fighters I wouldn't even bother with str. Sure it adds damage, but point for point as a tank you get much more out of dex. Which gives you resists, accuracy and evasion. Also be sure to at least have 14 starting vit.