Do torches mounted on the wall eventually ''burn up''?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Bourlingueur

Do torches mounted on the wall eventually ''burn up''?

Post by Bourlingueur »

Is it just me, or do the torches mounted on the walls just don't ''burn up''? One of my torches was starting to wither, so I mounted it on a wall to replace it, but it seemed to me that while on the wall the torch had regained its brightness. I wandered around and when I came back, it was still burning relatively well. When I picked it up again, the torch was back in a ''wither'' state. Any thoughts on this?
sevtai

Re: Do torches mounted on the wall eventually ''burn up''?

Post by sevtai »

Wall torches do not "Age", so replacing near death torches with fresh wall torches, means you get a full brightness torch, and the wall keeps its full brightness torch,

Because ive noticed, no matter what the state of the torch [except burnt out] wall torches only have one brightness
Yummy, more baked maggots ... bah, give them to the mage ...
Exiled

Post by Exiled »

Not much of an issue, isn't it?
carpii

Post by carpii »

It would kinda suck if wall torches burnt out.
Because as soon as you encounter a torch, then go somewhere else and come back later, they'd all be blackened

Realistic maybe, but not much fun for the ambience ;-)
LonePaladin

Post by LonePaladin »

Keep a few burnt-out torches on hand, though. You can use them to fill empty sconces and therefore solve a few puzzles.
carpii

Post by carpii »

They're also useful fodder for weighing down pressure pads

I do wish torches would stack though (maybe not so important once your mage gets to a certain level).