How III - II - I - III , Puzzle works?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
takis76

How III - II - I - III , Puzzle works?

Post by takis76 »

I have stuck in the Outer Sanctum. I tried to enter in the portals in the order of the scroll assuming that as you enter in the Temple the left portal is the "I" the middle portal in front is the "II" and the right one is the portal "III".
So I enter first to the right portal then to the middle portal , then to the left portal and then again to the right portal.
All portals teleports you in the center in the front of the statues. And one button appeared which allows you to open the door , because you was trepped , but what next? what is the purpose of this place?
stage

Re: How III - II - I - III , Puzzle works?

Post by stage »

SpoilerShow
all the hints that you need are on the walls of the place, try stuff out and solving it
and if you really don't want a big spoiler dont read this
SpoilerShow
if you solve it correctly by going to the 3-2-1-3 teleport, you get ported to another room
takis76

Post by takis76 »

It wasn't work like this , it teleport me to other room when I solved the pillared hallway. Before the hallway the middle portal didn't work.
I passed the time portals with traps and I am stuck in one room with one life stone and four alcoves need to put some items to open a wooden door. What to put there?

- Severed Dead
- Unraveller of Mysteries
- Game's Bane with Head of steal
- Tears of the Land

What does these means?

I thought:
- Severed Dead will be some Skull or some dinoraur food or some spear or sheild of the skeletons
- Tears of the Land ? some potion
- Head of steal some weapon?
- Mysteries? some spell book , I don't have.
??
:?:
stage

Post by stage »

Then you didn't explain very well :) (or I am getting too old to remember what has happened 5 levels ago)
SpoilerShow
skull, rock, key and arrow. And prepare Bone necklace for the next one - if you didn't save it don't worry is not important if you don't have fire mage
Pierzasty

Post by Pierzasty »

Dead solution
SpoilerShow
It is indeed a skull.
Tear hint
SpoilerShow
What comes from the earth?
Tear solution
SpoilerShow
Rocks.
Unraveler hint
SpoilerShow
What can unlock the secrets?
Unraveler solution
SpoilerShow
A key. Any one will do, take it back afterwards
Head hint
SpoilerShow
Only the head is still and it's indeed called a head. Consider the rest of the hint as well.
Head solution
SpoilerShow
It's an arrow, or a quarrel. The elemental types seem to work as well.
e:f,b
takis76

Post by takis76 »

Thank you very much , I passed this point , but where did you know that was this solution?
wickermoon

Post by wickermoon »

That's pretty easy to explain:
SpoilerShow
Severed dead: Something that is dead and severed. From all the items this could only be a skull (as you've pointed out)
Tear of the Land: So it must've been some little piece of land. Only rocks are pieces of land
Game's Bane, With head of steel: This one can be tricky for non-native english speakers, but "game" is an english acronym for wild animals (like deer). Naturally, you hunt game with a bow (or crossbow), and their arrows / bolts have steel tips.
Unraveller of Mysteries: I tried scrolls at first and thought about books. But the thing is, you could've used up all the books, so that wasn't an option. The only other item that could potentially be seen as "unlocking" a mystery must be a key. :)
Sheep

Post by Sheep »

Do you know where there is a skull in Level 9?
Well never mind I Backtracked my way and found one
Last edited by Sheep on Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drax

Post by Drax »

Sheep wrote:Do you know where there is a skull in Level 9?
SpoilerShow
There's one on 8, in a room where you fight Herders