Level 6 Vault of the Orb

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
JDR13

Re: Level 6 Vault of the Orb

Post by JDR13 »

I ended up geting past that battle on the next try after posting that.

Still... I was a little disappointed by how cheap that ambush was. It's one of those battles that's pretty much impossible to win without prior knowledge of it.

Just a small bump in an otherwise fantastic game.
Darklord

Post by Darklord »

JDR13 wrote: Still... I was a little disappointed by how cheap that ambush was. It's one of those battles that's pretty much impossible to win without prior knowledge of it.
I survived it first time! I'd kept some bombs ready on my rogue, as soon as the ambush went off I knew I was in trouble and used the bombs, they really do help with tough combats! :)

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
creocoder

Post by creocoder »

JDR13 wrote:Still... I was a little disappointed by how cheap that ambush was. It's one of those battles that's pretty much impossible to win without prior knowledge of it.
Win this without any problem.
Myeka

Post by Myeka »

Well, just did it in hard difficulty, didn't know about the ambush and died. I tried again, used all my arsenal on the first one to kill him as fast as possible and then managed the second one in the 2x3 area. Anyway I was lucky because only one was in the corridor when I stepped back. If they had managed to both get in here, I wouldn't have been able to make it.
Millaren

Post by Millaren »

i also locked in this room no idea how to get out of it, i dont see any buttons, any hints
just found it hidden well in there.
JDR13

Post by JDR13 »

Darklord wrote: I survived it first time! I'd kept some bombs ready on my rogue, as soon as the ambush went off I knew I was in trouble and used the bombs, they really do help with tough combats! :)
Hi Daniel, good to see a fellow RPGWatch member here.

Not sure why I found that encounter so dificult. I think it was the combination of not being well stocked with potions, etc., and the fact that both crabs kept coming at the same time. I'm also playing on hard.

Looks like you've been posting here for quite some time. I must say this game is fantastic though.
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

I don't have problems with ambushes...

...because I save before literally every door, button, lever, staircase, pressure plate :D
Oji

Post by Oji »

Now ive got the orb and killed crabs, but secret wall that leads into vault area is closed and no way to get out?
Devil

Post by Devil »

How did you get in? remember what it looked like? look harder 8-)
Oji

Post by Oji »

Dang, i checked walls for that sign but missed it somehow, now you've said it i found it instantly ><