MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
mailstrome

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by mailstrome »

Isaac wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:57 am Komag is still active here as far as I know. His last login was Mar 10, 2024.
I'll try posting on the steam workshop page as well, thanks! I should have checked that first before posting, apologies.
mailstrome

Post by mailstrome »

Alright, I figured out the issue:
SpoilerShow
Torch goes through the iron barred gate onto the pressure plate, something I'd tried earlier and didn't work for some reason.
It'd still be nice to have a full walkthrough in the thread, but otherwise it's fine.
Komag

Post by Komag »

(three months late) I'm glad you figured it out!

Yes, I wish I had finished the walkthrough all those years ago!
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
RobidyBobidy

Post by RobidyBobidy »

To anyone struggling with "Maze of Madness" for Master quest, it's GLITCHED! I only solved it by digging through youtube and finding a video of some random dude who ACCIDENTALLY escaped the maze and didn't even know how he did it.

After you get the necklace and the chestpiece, here's how you escape:
-Start off the in "alternate hallway" that is a dead-end.
-Hit the lever down, and take a couple steps down the hallway, but don't turn the corner.
-Walk back and hit the lever again, and you should see the portal room for the maze of madness again.
-Walk into the room, turn right, and walk into that portal in the corner.
-After you teleport, look at the wall and there should be a tiny button hiding on the wall. Hit it.
-Step out of the teleporter and walk back into the hallway, hitting the lever upwards as you leave.
-It SHOULD finally let you leave!

Clearly this quest bugs the f*** out for some people like me. I don't know how they didn't catch it in beta. Maybe I did something weird that the mod didn't expect. ANYWAYS, hope this helps anyone out there!
RobidyBobidy

Post by RobidyBobidy »

For those stumped on the mysterious "fire orb" (zhandul's orb) in that dungeon area with the 3 torches, you need to stand on the grate and EQUIP THE SLING WEAPON ON SOMEONE. You need to still have the sling weapon from the very beginning of the game in order to throw the rock far enough to hit the eastern wall.
toastkid

Post by toastkid »

BTW it looks like the images (showing location on the map) in the main secrets post are broken, but they do actually work: it's just that the forum won't show them on the page because they're http not https. To see them, right click and Inspect the missing image (you might need to turn on dev tools in your browser first to get the Inspect option), and you should see the html for the image tag. Then, right click on the url in that code and choose "Show image in new tab" or similar. Or, you could view the page source and see them in there.