Hard mode party

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
astronuno

Hard mode party

Post by astronuno »

Hi there!! I need help to make a good party to beat the game in hard mode. In truth, I'm already playing it, and it was ok until I reached Level 9 - Temple Grounds. My current party isn't strong enough to deal with
SpoilerShow
all those Ice Lizards
So, which is the best party to beat hard mode, and what skills and attributes I should focus on?
FlyFlee07

Re: Hard mode party

Post by FlyFlee07 »

Honestly, I don't think it's that hard to get through that location you're talking about with a level 9 team. If my memory serves me correctly, there is a door with a lever mechanism in front of the entrance to that location. You can just slowly kill them one by one, while resting between each battle and attack. Don't forget about crafting potions, defense spells, and tools like bombs. Otherwise, try to fight within 2x2 squares to hit the enemy without taking damage (if you're fast enough).
astronuno

Re: Hard mode party

Post by astronuno »

I always stock on potions, spells and bombs. I now consider that I should have prioritized Air skill for my mage to craft invisibility potion. I did try to evade and/or kill the enemy as best I could, including fighting in 2x2 spaces and going to the door you mentioned.

The problem is that my party isn't strong enough to deal with one, and they just don't stop spawning. Even if I barely manage to kill one with the all party alive, up ahead in the dungeon there are 2 more waiting.